Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
May 13th, 2024, 2:38 am
Hello :thumbup: :wave:

Morning Pj finally a bit of sunshine :D do many people go to get the spring water :? it's a wonder the council hasn't wanted to charge for it :? Considering some pay 4 to 5$ for a bottle of sparkling so called spring water I bet it's not like yours :) rishi beautiful baby :D Hi matina yes we had a nice lunch yesterday :D you should introduce mum to jig saw puzzles as well that'll keep her occupied hubby does them for hours sometimes :D take care everyone :D
May 13th, 2024, 2:38 am
May 13th, 2024, 4:37 am

Sunnya joined me on the patio . . . as usual . . .

matina, cool and cloudy as of 12 noon, but the rain seems to have (finally) stopped. My son texted that he'll ring today. Am looking forward to it. I think I'll drive up to North Leura later, and pick up my usual spring water. Below . . . the last of the autumn leaves now falling on my front veranda. Only my oak tree has kept all its leaves and these are now starting to turn yellow.

Katy, the North Leura spring is located on private property. Too long a story to tell here. But when the embankment collapsed a couple of years ago, the owner put up a cardboard sign explaining the situation, his legal advice, etc. However, he finally decided to ignore his lawyer and continue to allow the locals to clamber down to fill up their bottles! Glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day.

Bye for now . . .

May 13th, 2024, 4:37 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
May 13th, 2024, 11:06 am
HELLO ALL!
PJ nice pics as always
KATHY glad to hear you had a nice time and lunch yesterday.
another long exhausting day today more of the same tomorrow till friday ;-( I hope i can keep it up.
time to relax on the couch
be safe everyone and god bless and be with you all
WOLF OUT!
May 13th, 2024, 11:06 am

May 14th, 2024, 2:29 am
Hello :wave:

Hi Pj re the spring water it's good of the owner of the property to let people use it I suppose his legal advice against it due to people maybe hurting themselves :? I hope you are careful :D
Enjoying a coffee this morning no rain I love this time of day :D all the best :D matina good luck with everything today will be thinking of you and the scan I can't hold in that much water though I'd pee myself :? I was asked once by the technician doing my scan ,' your bladder is too full can you let some out ':shock: ' lady if I go it all goes so scan away now' :lol: hugs always xoxo
May 14th, 2024, 2:29 am
May 14th, 2024, 6:51 am

matina, sending you good wishes for a peaceful day. Sun is shining here and it's not so cold. Fuzzies are well. No appointments for me for another week or so. Shoulder is still sore. Have been reading up on bursitis and still don't quite understand if a cortisone shot will help me.

Katy, isn't it great to have a break from all the rain. I'm still waiting for the owner of the North Leura spring to try to stop people from filling up bottles. However, I don't think many people know about it. Yes, being sued for injuries would seem to be the legal danger. I'm always very careful there and don't make any noise or trouble!

Bye for now . . .
May 14th, 2024, 6:51 am

May 14th, 2024, 9:20 am
HELLO ALL!
PJ I can understand not only folks falling over hurting themselves but if the water somehow got contaminated from the run off that too would make litigious folks go for him too, sad but true we have become such a society that we want to blame other folks for our short comings and lack of common sense & stupidity. I recently was at a small shopping center where there was a bakers delight and they have a moto made fresh every day. no issue with this but sitting in my car at around 5.25pm the store right in front of me. an older man was buying a loaf of sliced bread and and unsliced loaf of bread and a packet of dinner rolls. he must have had a slight shortage so he opted to leave the dinner rolls. No sooner had he left the store assistant was taking out 2 shopping trolleys full of various types of bread and bread rolls i watched them navigate the car-park to a great big green skip/bin and watched her lob them into the bin. I was gobsmacked at the total wastage and thinking of the poor old man sen home without his dinner rolls all so they could pay to have the items dumped. Why cant they call the food bank or a shelter to come and pick it up they were all in packaging etc if i could have scaled the bin i would have and filled my car up with it. It is atrocious the amount of food we waste. i got out of the car and had a chat with the staff and apparently the company line is they don't want to be sued if they gave it away and someone got sick if another agency didn't store it right etc etc However it is fine to send an old man home without his dinner rolls because he was shy of a few cents it is just shameful when they went and threw it away made me cry. SHAMEFUL!
KATHY yes had my ultrasound scan done today now i will have to wait till the Dr gets the results maybe tomorrow but he isn't working i will have to wait till Friday i can call up and find out i am sure if it is anything urgent he will call me before then. tomorrow cleaner coming and a friend for lunch then carer coming in the afternoon so there goes Wednesday. Thursday morning i am meeting a bed finder lady to chat about how the process works to find a bed in an nursing home for my father pending the sacat ruling this shall be interesting. After that i am going to relax on the couch and pay a few bills for Satan and ours as well which leaves Friday free until the afternoon when mus carer comes in to take her shopping so i get an hours worth of total peace minus Yogi pining and barking for granny to come back home. I am hoping Saturday is a nice quiet peaceful one as i know Sunday is a pub lunch day.
time to sit on the couch and just relax i am done for the day.
be safe everyone and god bless and be with you all
WOLF OUT!
May 14th, 2024, 9:20 am

May 14th, 2024, 11:48 am

Good night, everyone . . .
May 14th, 2024, 11:48 am

May 15th, 2024, 2:13 am
Hi :wave:

Matina we actually have a food bank in this area Woollies and Coles give food that would normally be thrown out at the end of the day ,volunteers go around the various stores picking up boxes of bread ,fruit, veges, canned goods etc the food bank packs it into hampers where the various charities can collect and distribute to people or you if needed go and get a hamper :D So not all is wasted :D Pj how are you doing my grandson started his transition to work this week one day working in a factory he's not keen on that one ,but next week he's in a computer store packing shelves last time he was there he wouldn't leave :lol: love cuddles to the fuzzies :D
May 15th, 2024, 2:13 am
May 15th, 2024, 6:19 am

View from my backyard chair about three hours ago . . .

matina, I agree that it's very disturbing to see food being thrown away. I was brought up never, ever to throw away food. My parents lived through the great depression. If I ever have anything I can't eat, I share it with the local currawongs, magpies and possums. They're usually happy to snap up everything on my front deck. But as Kathy writes, some businesses are learning to take advantage of the charities that distribute surplus food. All supermarkets should do this, and even made to do it, by law, and then they can include their charitable acts in their advertising. It would make them look good (while earning billions). Sounds like you have a couple of busy days coming up. Not me. No appointments until Rishi goes to her vet next week.

Katy, good to hear about the programs for your grandson. This is such a good idea for teenagers. I miss the years, at the beginning of my retirement, when I used to tutor teenagers. Sunny up here today and it almost feels warm (14 degrees). No central heating and no fire! Take care . . .
May 15th, 2024, 6:19 am

May 15th, 2024, 10:38 am
HELLO ALL!
It has been a long day another one tomorrow, just picked up my aunt for another sleep over her glasses are ready for pick up and we will do that after the bedfinder lady comes for a meeting tomorrow morning.
then we shall relax and take my aunt home on friday morning assuming she will want to spend another night with us ;=-) Yogi loves it he sleeps between then both whilst i get left all alone and wanting company the traitorous little bastard.
well time for some ham cheese toastie sandwiches and to relax for the night.Be safe take care and god bless and be with you all.
EXHAUSTED WOLF OUT!
May 15th, 2024, 10:38 am

May 15th, 2024, 12:44 pm

matina, sending lots of good wishes. Hope things go OK tomorrow. Quiet evening here, with Rishi on my lap.

Good night!
May 15th, 2024, 12:44 pm

May 16th, 2024, 2:46 am
Hello

Morning matina and Pj were meeting our grandson for lunch he's on a community access visit to the shops where they're learning to use debit cards or cash to buy a few things from Coles then buy their lunch :D he gets a real thrill when he sees us sitting at the Cafe :D goodluck with everything today matina :D Pj hope all is well with you and the girls :D another gorgeous day :D all the best :D
May 16th, 2024, 2:46 am
May 16th, 2024, 5:53 am

matina and Katy . . . quick hello for now. Will write more later. Photo from yesterday's walk . . . just across the street. Take care. Bye . . .
May 16th, 2024, 5:53 am

May 16th, 2024, 8:46 am
HELLO ALL!
PJ I hope all is well with you and the girls ;-) be safe whatever your up to.
KATHY how gorgeous god bless him such a lovely young man he has turned out to be, a true gem to your family that is for sure. I hope you all had a nice day out.
yes Yogi abandoned me again for being hot dog in the middle of my aunty and my mother sleeping his little ass off (traitorous little wretch) we had breakfast waited for the lady who is a bed finder to turn up for our appointment all went well we now await for the sacat hearing date and decision, then we go from there. I then took my aunty to pick up her new glasses from the optical superstore, then came home had lunch (kathy spaghetti with a meat sauce) your favourite. we all had a half hour nana nap then i took them shopping Thursday being pensioner discount day so w have just returned and had a coffee and now time for me to relax a little before entertaining the ladies this evening tomorrow taking aunty home after lunch.
having chicken avgolemono soup tonight
be safe everyone and god bless and be with you all.
WOLF OUT!
May 16th, 2024, 8:46 am

May 16th, 2024, 12:55 pm

Took a walk around the neighbourhood today and checked out all the signs for the annual Ultra-Trail ultra marathon event. This year they've added two more shorter races, but only the two longer ones (50 km and 100 km) go past my house. They come out of the bush in one part of Leura and go back in again at the end of my street. Otherwise they run through the bush in whatever weather there is, with headlamps for night running. One of the race marshals is always posted in front my house Saturday and Sunday and so I go out and chat and ask questions and offer one of my lawn chairs. The marshals are usually ex-runners and often from far away.

matina, all well here. Fire going and Woolworth's order delivered. No plans for the next three days. Fuzzies are well. Rishi is sleeping on my knees right now, on the other side of my laptop!

Good night, everyone . . .
May 16th, 2024, 12:55 pm