Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Aug 10th, 2020, 2:29 pm

I sometimes get REALLY DEPRESSED reviewing the news these days. It's always about a global pandemic threatening life as we know it, protests around the world, stupid politicians, natural disasters, or some other really bad story.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Welcome to The mobi weekly news magazine
IN OTHER NEWS

What is it?
Here is your chance to become an "ACE REPORTER" for our weekly news magazine.
It is your job to find weird, funny or "good feel" stories from around the world and share them with our readers in our weekly magazine

How do you play?
Just post a story that you have come across that made you smile, laugh, feel good...
BUT NOTHING DEPRESSING :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EXAMPLE POST
Naked sunbather chases wild boar through park after it steals his laptop bag
A naked sunbather was seen chasing wild boar through a park after it stole his laptop bag.
Amusing photographs from Germany show the man running after the animal to try and claim the plastic bag back.
But the cheeky boar and its two piglets appear to be too quick for the sunbather, who can't keep up with their speedy little trotters.
As the incident unfolds, groups of friends and family sat on the grass watch on and laugh.
Heads are seen turning in surprise and amusement in the hilarious photographs.
The incident happened at Teufelssee Lake - a bathing spot in the Grunwell Forest in Berlin, Germany.

Rules:
Each Edition of IN OTHER NEWS will be open for 7 days...
You can post as many stories as you like, but you will only get paid for One Story in any 24 hour period
So in other words, you can only earn WRZ$ once a day.
Each news day will start when I post announcing it
OR at:
9:00 AM CHICAGO TIME (UTC -5)
2:00 PM GMT (UTC -0)

on those days I space out and forget to post or can't due to Real Life :lol:
Stories may be accompanied with images - but No big images, please! 800x800 pixels wide maximum
Videos are allowed, but please keep them short, and post a short summary for those that don't like to click on videos
No Duplicate stories - Where a post has been edited resulting in duplicates, then the last one in time gets disallowed.
And please limit this to reasonably family friendly stories :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reward:
Each news story posted that I feel is acceptable (must be a real story, too few words or simply a headline are not considered acceptable) will earn you 50 WRZ$
If you post multiple stories on any given day, you will only earn 50 WRZ$ for the first story of the Day
All payments will be made at THE END of the weekly news cycle.
Special Bonus - Each week I will award "The Pulitzer Prize" for the best story of the week
The weekly winner of the "The Pulitzer Prize" will receive a 100 WRZ$ bonus
It's just my personal opinion, so my judgement is final

So help bring GOOD news to the members of mobi, and join our reporting team...
IN OTHER NEWS

Aug 10th, 2020, 2:29 pm

Aug 10th, 2020, 2:40 pm
BBC presenter accidentally tells viewers she’s ‘seen a lot of doggers’ in Greenwich Park

A BBC weather presenter brightened up viewers’ mornings today by accidentally telling them she had seen ‘a lot of doggers’ in Greenwich Park. Carol Kirkwood was sharing her report with BBC Breakfast when she mixed up the words ‘dog walkers’ and ‘joggers’. Instead, as the camera panned around her, she said: ‘Greenwich Park is one of the oldest of the royal parks and look at it. Fabulous! The sun is beating down and we’ve seen lots of doggers.’ The presenter then quickly corrected herself and went on: ‘Not lots of doggers of course, lots of dog walkers and joggers around here of course this morning.

A dogger is a slang term for for someone who enjoys having sexual activity in a public place, known as ‘dogging’. After the segment, Carol took to Twitter to apologise to viewers for her slip-up. She wrote: ‘That will teach me to try and say joggers and dog walkers in the same sentence!!! Sorry!’

Aug 10th, 2020, 2:40 pm
Aug 10th, 2020, 2:53 pm
Has to be a doggy story from me

A stray dog who was determined to land his dream job at a Hyundai car dealership has seen his persistency pay off after he was given a job - and a home.

Earlier this year, staff at a Hyundai Prime branch in Brazil spotted the dog waiting around outside the showroom and assumed he would eventually move on.

But as time passed by the stray continued to show up and on one particularly rainy night the manager, Emerson Mariano, took pity on the pup and invited him into the warm for some food and water.

The lonely dog seemed determined to stay and it didn't take him long to win the hearts of the staff, who adopted him as the dealership's mascot.

They named him Tucson Prime and hired him as a 'pawfessional consultant', giving him a staff ID badge and training him on the phones.

Although the initial plan was simply to provide the dog a warm place to stay, Tucson's natural ability to greet and interact with customers earned him a promotion to front of house.
Aug 10th, 2020, 2:53 pm

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Aug 10th, 2020, 3:45 pm
Dancing robots replace fans at Japanese baseball game

TOKYO (Reuters) - With their stadium devoid of fans due to coronavirus restrictions, Japanese baseball team Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks have come up with an imaginative replacement: dancing robots.

Before their most recent Nippon Professional Baseball (NPB) game against Rakuten Eagles on Tuesday, over 20 robots danced to the team’s fight song on a podium in the otherwise empty stand.

Two different robots, including SoftBank’s humaniod robot ‘Pepper’ and others on four legs like a dog, stamped and shimmied in a choreographed dance that is usually performed by the Hawks’ fans before games in the 40,000 capacity Fukuoka Dome.

Some of the robots wore Hawks caps and waved flags supporting the team.

Fans on social media had mixed reactions.

“I think this is like a dystopia,” wrote one Twitter user.

Another called the performance “insanely beautiful.”

Boosted by the supportive robots, the Hawks won 4-3 as they look to defend their 2019 NPB title.

The NPB season began three months late on June 19 due to the coronavirus pandemic and currently no supporters are allowed to attend games.

However, from Friday, up to 5,000 fans will be allowed to attend professional baseball and soccer games in Japan due to an easing of restrictions.
Aug 10th, 2020, 3:45 pm

Aug 10th, 2020, 3:52 pm
Man opens sanctuary for abused farm animals: 'You can't be depressed here'
Christopher Vane opened Florida's Little Bear Sanctuary in honor of his late mother, who taught him compassion. He's saved more than 150 farm animals.

Aug 10th, 2020, 3:52 pm
Aug 10th, 2020, 5:19 pm
British Foreign Office's 'Chief Mouser' announces retirement

Palmerston, the British Foreign Office's famous feline "Chief Mouser," announced he is retiring to "spend more time relaxing away from the limelight."
A letter addressed to Sir Simon McDonald, permanent under-secretary at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, was posted to the Palmerston's official Twitter account to announce the cat's retirement from hunting mice at the Foreign Office's headquarters in London.
Palmerston, named for two-time Prime Minister Viscount Palmerston, arrived at the office as a rescue in 2016 and quickly gained fame for catching mice and appearing in photos with visiting diplomats.
The cat previously made headlines for clashes with Larry, the cat charged with catching mice for the prime minister at 10 Downing Street.
The letter, written from the feline's perspective, said Palmerston is retiring to live with a family in the British countryside.
"Although I am ending my formal role here, I will always be an ambassador for the U.K. and the new Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office," the letter reads.
The Foreign Office praised Palmerston for his service in a Twitter post.
"We'll all miss him paw-fully, but wish him a purr-fect retirement," the tweet reads.
Aug 10th, 2020, 5:19 pm

Aug 10th, 2020, 6:55 pm
Toronto Zoo extends hours to allow for rare and smelly sighting of fleeting corpse flower.

A corpse flower known for its putrid smell has blossomed for the second time in Toronto's history and people are now able to witnesses the rare sight.

The flower, officially named Amorphophallus titanium, is native to Indonesia and blooms for just eight to 36 hours at the Toronto Zoo.

“Amorphophallus titanum can be unpredictable and given that this would be an early bloom for this particular plant, anything can happen but the bloom has begun,”.

When it is in full bloom, the plant produces a strong smell similar to rotting meat in order to attract flies and beetles for pollination.
The current blossoming plant has been named ‘Vincent Van Gross.’
Aug 10th, 2020, 6:55 pm

Buzz is the best doggo ever.
Aug 10th, 2020, 7:58 pm

Community Refrigerators Feeding New Yorkers

For me, a local grass roots bright spot - in a time of need, a loosely linked collection of community groups are establishing "community fridges" across the city, with a goal to help fight food insecurity, reduce waste, and unite neighbors.

One of things l believe visitors to NYC never quite get to experience is the sense of this very large city being a string of thousands of small towns, all overlapping and stitched together building by building, block by block - and the sense of community it engenders to those that live here. Efforts like the community fridge project are the type of thing that will keep us going - if not from a handful of carrots from a shared refrigerator, then from the spirit that put it in place and the neighbors that care.

Link to the full read from New York Magazine:
https://www.thecut.com/2020/07/new-york-community-fridges.html

It was either this or the therapy llama from Portland...
Aug 10th, 2020, 7:58 pm

Looking to keep current with Mobi Contests?
Tune in, turn on, on Discord!
https://discord.gg/As9DZkGXUM
Aug 10th, 2020, 8:18 pm
Man found naked in middle of road arrested in Myrtle Beach

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. — A man was arrested after he was found naked in Myrtle Beach, according to WBTW.

At about 4:15 p.m. Monday, officers responded to Highway 17 Bypass and 38th Avenue North.

Officers say a man was naked in the middle of the road.

The man is getting treatment while charges are pending, WBTW reports.
Aug 10th, 2020, 8:18 pm

Exodus A.D.: A Warning to Civilians by Paul Troubetzkoy [10000 WRZ$] Reward!
https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5556807
Aug 10th, 2020, 8:29 pm
A Seasoned Shoplifter: Seagull Runs Away With Stolen Snack In Hilarious Video

Seagulls have earned a bad reputation for stealing food right from the hands of unsuspecting beachgoers. These seabirds are infamous for swooping down to snatch food from their hapless victims in a manoeuvre that can strike terror in most. A recent video, alarmingly enough, suggests that seagulls are now employing more sophisticated methods for their snack heists.

She even knocked one on to the floor to create a diversion. Fantastic," wrote one person.

"I have analysed a lot of footage of crimes, looking at details, comparing what I observe with what I know of other crimes, behaviour, etc. It is my educated professional conclusion that this is not the first time this perp committed this crime," another joked.

Indian Forest Services officer Susanta Nanda was among those who shared it on the microblogging platform. "Has to be a professional shoplifter," he wrote, amused by the bird's nonchalant entry. "Note the casual entry and hurried exit..." he added.

https://twitter.com/ziyatong/status/1292226672771686403?s=20

Source: https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/a-seasoned ... eo-2277178
Aug 10th, 2020, 8:29 pm
Aug 10th, 2020, 8:40 pm
‘Created in Quarantine’

The Isle of Wight Art League’s ongoing exhibit, “Created in COVID-19 Quarantine,” shows what 30 artists from around the region did when pre-coronavirus life screeched to a halt.

Perhaps no piece in the exhibit better embodies how strange things became than Diane Greenhalgh’s “In the Pink.” The oil on canvas painting created from still life depicts something that became a hot commodity — a roll of toilet paper, its end askew set against a cheerful pink background with hearts.

“Finding toilet paper in the stores during the first few months of the pandemic was like striking gold,” Greenhalgh said. “I considered naming the painting “Precious And Few” but ended up going with the original title, “In The Pink.”

Diane Greenhalgh’s "In The Pink".
Aug 10th, 2020, 8:40 pm
Aug 10th, 2020, 8:41 pm
Woman Arouses The Internet By Accidentally Buying Phallic Cutting Board
Georgia Rodgers said she “couldn’t believe a marble cutting board looked like a penis.”

As kitchen aids go, cutting boards aren’t exactly cutting edge.
But an Arkansas woman recently bought one that is arousing the interest of the internet thanks to an unusual phallic pattern in the marble.
Georgia Rodgers, 21, made the purchase a few weeks ago because she needed new kitchen supplies for her return to school at Ouachita Baptist University this fall.
“My mom knows all about kitchen stuff and knows what I like,” Rodgers told HuffPost. “I told her I wanted a marble cutting board that was white and black, and she ordered it on Amazon.”
While Rodgers is currently spending the summer in New York, the packages with her kitchen items were sent to her home in Little Rock.
“My mom opened the packages and called me, saying the board didn’t ‘look right,’ and then she asked if I wanted to see,” Rodgers said.
She wasn’t prepared for the photo that her mom sent a short time later.
“My friend and I couldn’t believe a marble cutting board looked like a penis,” Rodgers said.
Her cocky cutting board went viral after her friend tweeted a picture of it.
“I’m actually getting offers from people who want to buy it,” Rodgers said, adding that she has no plans to sell.
But while she declines to let the penis-patterned board go, Rodgers would like to know more about how it came to be.
“I don’t know how accidental it was, but I’d like to know if it was done on purpose,” she said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/georgia- ... 4284bacbea

Aug 10th, 2020, 8:41 pm

Aug 10th, 2020, 8:52 pm
Man walks down Oxford Street wearing nothing but a Face Mask

A man strolled down central London’s most popular shopping street on Friday with only a mask to cover his nudity, leaving passerbys astounded, amused and shocked.

As the man walked nonchalantly along Oxford Street, naked except for the light blue face mask over his groin, some took pictures on their phones while others simply stared.

Masks are now compulsory in shops up and down the country, but one man made a mockery of the new rules today by fashioning one into a G-string and strutting along Oxford Street in the nude.

Passersby in the capital looked on bemused as the naked man confidently made his way down the road wearing nothing but the improvised thong.

Many shoppers were seen going in and out of stores on the busy street today, but this particular man, sporting only the pale blue masks and a tattoo on his back, was difficult to miss.

The stunt came after brawls broke out in supermarket aisles across England today as shoppers confronted other customers for not wearing masks, while staff at a McDonald's kicked out diners for not covering their faces.

Reportedly, the man was identified as Tim Shieff, a 32-year-old former "Ninja Warrior UK.
Aug 10th, 2020, 8:52 pm

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Aug 11th, 2020, 9:24 am
"Emus Have Been Banned" For Bad Behavior, A Hotel In Australia's Outback Says

An emu named Carol, age 3, walks around behind a fence in Yaraka, a small town in Australia. An Australian Outback pub has banned Carol and her brother Kevin for "bad behavior" after they learned to climb the stairs and created havoc inside.

Two emus – siblings Kevin and Carol — are now banned from a hotel in a tiny town in Australia's vast Outback. Raised by an animal rescuer, the birds are usually a friendly and wide-eyed source of entertainment. But then the emus learned to climb the stairs.

The new skill gave the birds access to the pub of the Yaraka Hotel in Queensland. Once inside, they unleashed a long-legged brand of chaos. They snatched toast and French fries away from customers. One of the birds even went behind the bar. A stern response was required.

"Emus have been banned from this establishment for bad behavior," a sign now says at the stairs leading to the hotel's pub. The message asks any human visitors to replace the "emu barrier" when they enter.

"We put the sign up, but we're not quite sure whether they're able to read or not," hotel co-owner Gerry Gimblett said in an interview with 10 News First Queensland. "So, we've had to put a bar across there, as well."

Now, Gimblett said, she's hoping the birds won't figure out how to maneuver, limbo-style, under the rope and up the stairs.

Crowding isn't normally a problem in the pub. After all, Yaraka has a population of fewer than 20 people. But as is often the case with wild animals, there are other issues – literally.

"If they had control of their bowels," the emus would be welcome inside, Gimblett told the ABC.

"They're a tad incontinent," Byrne agreed.
Aug 11th, 2020, 9:24 am

You can follow me on Twitter @MobiFRKJ
Aug 11th, 2020, 9:44 am
Woman catches Amazon driver mid-squat pooing in her garden

NHS counsellor Sharon Smith, 53, said she was cooking in her kitchen when a van pulled up outside her home.

A man ran from the vehicle towards her garden and she followed him, suspecting he could be stealing some wood.

But the mum-of-two caught the man mid-squat defecating on her property among the trees, and promptly called the police.

Sharon said he even asked what her problem was and got aggressive as he tried to leave.

The decision was made not to arrest the Amazon employee on the grounds that he would clean up the mess and his employer would be notified of the incident.

After reporting the incident on July 26 to Amazon, Sharon was told the driver would be removed from his duties while they investigated.

Sharon has been promised a gift voucher from Amazon as a goodwill gesture.
Aug 11th, 2020, 9:44 am

You're on your own
The Reality