Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Mar 31st, 2024, 8:06 am
HELLO ALL!
HAPPY EASTER TO YOU ALL! I AM FEELING A BIT BETTER I CAN OPEN MY EYE AND NOT CRY IN PAIN THANK GOD FOR THE DROPS AND KEEPING UP THE PAIN RELIEF MY GP TOLD ME TO TAKE SOME OF MY PREDESLONE HALF A TABLET WHICH HAS HELPED SPEED THE HEALING PROCESS. NOW TO WAIT TILL I CAN GET IN TO SEE MY OPTOMETRIST TO SEE WHAT SHE HAS TO SAY, NEEDLESS TO SAY I HAVE CUT OFF ALL MY NAILS.
BLESSING BE TO EVERYONE ON THIS BLESSED DAY HAVE A BLESSED EASTER EVERYONE AND BE SAFE ABOVE ALL ELSE.
WOLF OUT!
PJ SORRY I COULDN'T SEE ENOUGH TO WRITE AN EMAIL TO YOU ON MY PHONE YESTERDAY I DIDN'T GO NEAR A SCREEN SPENT THE DAY ON THE COUCH IN THE DARK.
Mar 31st, 2024, 8:06 am

Mar 31st, 2024, 8:46 am

Photo from my bushwalking friend . . . he managed an 8 km walk today . . .

matina, so glad to hear from you! Same meds that are helping my Rishi. Take care!
Mar 31st, 2024, 8:46 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Apr 1st, 2024, 1:31 am

An Easter kitty for Pj :D hmm wouldn't rishi look cute in bunny ears :D Pj nice to hear your friend hasn't given up on his bushwalking :D a great photo you could almost touch the mountains :D any lost tourists around your way :D 2 people got stuck in Jenolan Caves venturing where they shouldn't wish people would learn 12 hours to get them out :shock: matina I made off with a chocolate lindt bunny while the teenagers where distracted :lol: only wrappers left behind :) have a good day both of you not doing anything just relaxing :)
Apr 1st, 2024, 1:31 am
Apr 1st, 2024, 3:37 am

matina, so hoping that your eye is better today! Let us know when you can.

Katy, yes . . . bunny ears would be very cute for Rishi. She's just finished her extra brunch and seemss to have put on a tiny bit of weight over the past few days. Tomorrow is her vet appointment. Sunnya was out in the sun, in the backyard, communing with me for a while. Talked to my grand-niece and grand-nephew last night and they told me about their Easter egg hunt. It was only 2-3 degrees there, but they insisted on going out at 6 am to start their search!

Planning on a quiet day today. Watching the birds. Enjoying my recliner.

Bye for now . . .

(Another photo by my friend . . . showing Mt. Hay . . .
Apr 1st, 2024, 3:37 am

Apr 1st, 2024, 6:56 am
HELLO ALL!
PJ hoping Rishi gets a good report from the vet. hope you are improving too.
KATHY I am so glad you managed to make off with the chocolate lindt bunny enjoy him ahhh what a secret indulgence! lol
I am feeling better at least i can be on computer without crying up a storm. on my phone i can barely make things out. hoping to get an appointment to see the optometrist tomorrow. fingers crossed.
time to think on what to make for dinner.
be safe take care and god bless and be with you all
WOLF OUT!
Apr 1st, 2024, 6:56 am

Apr 2nd, 2024, 1:37 am

Pj a computer keyboard with kitties on the keys how cute is that :D 6am Easter egg hunt 2 to 3 degrees hmm yep I'd be up for that :lol: any updates on rishis blood test :? Hope you are feeling better and better each day :D matina rain on the way here hoping it gets nice n cold :) the teenager is off on another workplace experience packing groceries for a charity he's so excited I just hope he doesn't get bored after his first box :D hugs always xo :D
Apr 2nd, 2024, 1:37 am
Apr 2nd, 2024, 5:09 am

matina, hoping that you're at the optometrist right now, getting better quickly! Please keep us posted. Have been working hard, preparing my Medicare 'Two Way' claim form (including HCF) and hoping to get something significant back from the $2798 I spent for the surgeon and anaesthetist at Nepean Private. Already paid the HCF excess of $750 when I checked into the hospital. Whew! What do poor people do? Wait two years for the free op at Nepean Public and suffer, I guess . . .

Katy, that's just what I need for my keyboard! Rishi is watching cockatoos right now, and will be off to see her vet just before 5. Am hoping so much for a good blood test result.

Some brief showers earlier today, but it's sunny again now. Says 22 degrees but the wind makes it feel chillier.

Bye for now . . .
Apr 2nd, 2024, 5:09 am

Apr 2nd, 2024, 8:00 am
HELLO ALL!
PJ OMG! that's a huge excess as well as paying that much for the anesthetist and surgeon, yes very poor people wait and suffer ;-( I hope you get something substantial back.
KATHY wishing your grandson a good day tomorrow hoping it all goes well. they didnt have any vacancies for today they said tomorrow at 2.55pm i asked them to put me on a cancellation list and i got fit in at 3.20pm today i got the all clear and i was told at night to use nova tears at night to prevent drying out and suddenly opening the eye lid which may stick and re injur the eye and refresh drops 4 times during the day for a month but the pupil has healed thanks to my G.P telling me to start my steroid medication half a tablet for 3 days. thank the lord it is so very painful still reading text is a little blurry but clearing up day by day.
we had some rain nothing to really write home about just enough to remove the dust off the trees lol ;-) Melbourne got swamped. time to think on dinner be safe everyone and god bless and be with you all
WOLF OUT!
Apr 2nd, 2024, 8:00 am

Apr 2nd, 2024, 9:38 am

Yet another beautiful mountain sunset . . . as seen from my front deck. Such a wonderful view . . . I'm so grateful.

matina, I took a short nap after taking Rishi to the vet. The vet says that she's getting better because her blood count is up (though still too low) and her weight is back up above 3 kg. She should be almost 4 kg, though. So her meds will continue and we'll go back for another check-up next week. However, it looks like Rishi's on the mend. Right now she's next to my recliner chair, drinking spring water out of her special glass! Well, my $750 HCF excess is definitely gone for good, but I have no idea how much Medicare (and HCF) will pay on the $2798 operation costs. I struggled a bit with the online application this afternoon, but think I got it right. Worst case, I'll drive over to the Katoomba Medicare office and follow it up in person. Would love to think I might get $2000 or so in payments. Sigh.

Katy, hope your grandson's work experience went well. Let us know!

Good night to everyone . . .
Apr 2nd, 2024, 9:38 am

Apr 3rd, 2024, 1:24 am
Hello everyone

Wow Pj that's a lot to pay out :shock: I know you can't claim.the excess but you'd hope the rest will be a decent rebate :? though I wouldn't hold my breath for a huge amount :D I guess it's better than suffering I just get cranky at the funds they never seem to pay much yet we get slugged every month :? I love how rishi drinks her water in her own glass so cute :) good news on her weight she'll put on in no time :D matina a busy day for you :D im happy your eye is on the mend you were lucky :D off to the shops a little grocery shopping then home :) god bless everyone :D
Apr 3rd, 2024, 1:24 am
Apr 3rd, 2024, 3:08 am

matina, hope you're getting better today. How is your eye doing? Let us know when you can. Have been out in the backyard with Sunnya . . . nice and sunny but on the cool side. I guess autumn is coming to the mountains. Take care. Sending lots of get well soon wishes.

Katy, yes, Rishi is very cute. I hope so much that she can continue to put weight on and that her next blood test result will be better. Last night Medicare sent me one of the six payments I claimed . . . but I don't know what happened to the others. 3 for the surgeon and 3 for the anaesthetist. I paid both doctors and have their receipts, which I uploaded to Medicare. I'll give it another day and hope for the best. I'll also ring HCF about the so-called 'Two Way' payment process. I suppose it eventually occurs to people that not paying monthly premiums, and just putting that money away in the bank instead, could be an alternative. Wish I had experts that I could consult. Must drive over to the chemist and post office this afternoon.

Bye for now . . .
Apr 3rd, 2024, 3:08 am

Apr 3rd, 2024, 9:27 am
HELLO ALL!
PJ rishi will be fine with your pampering. I hope you get most of that back from your health fund. yes i know sometimes we think putting it always for when we need the money but when you think a hospital room cost nearly $3000 a night and if you end up in intensive care it is $7000 a day that kind of puts things into a very quick perspective. WOW what a crystal! how the blazes did you get that there and where did you buy it?
KATHY the eye is better, i need to use refresh drops 4 times a day and a special one at night called nova tears to keep i lubricated both need to be ongoing for a month then another check up. So glad your grandson did a good job packing groceries for the homeless. I am very proud of him god bless him.
It has been a busy day today, tomorrow another busy day too podiatry appointments and visiting folks we haven't for a while. so another day on the road.
be safe everyone take care and god bless you all
WOLF OUT!
Apr 3rd, 2024, 9:27 am

Apr 4th, 2024, 1:25 am
Hi everyone

Pk Medicare is like centrelink they do the claims in a queue I think different people do surgery anaesthetic etc hopeless system I know it's a nuisance but I get quicker action if I go in person :? Now my granddaughter says thankyou for the photo of that beautiful big crystal she will be only too happy to come and move it for you back to her house so you can dust under there no problem :lol: she'll take it off your hands :lol: matina lots of running around for you be safe driving lots of idiots on the road today it's rainy even more dangerous xoxoxo :D house cleaning for me :D take care everyone
Apr 4th, 2024, 1:25 am
Apr 4th, 2024, 6:13 am

matina, how are you doing today? Rainy, foggy and cold here. Was 12 degrees but the temps have shot up to 13 during the day! Drove over to the PO to get some packages and picked up a few lightweight things at Woolies. A few bedraggled and forlorn looking tourists at Leura Mall! What a great day to visit the mountains!

Katy, no further word from either Medicare or HCF today. Will give it until next week and then might drive over to the Medicare place in Katoomba. I don't like going there . . . always seems like a very sad place. Rishi seems well and is eating well. She's now in her special 'behind the TV' hiding place, where she can watch the birds on the front deck while remaining completely invisible! Ha ha.

More big crystal photos coming. I have to snap the one that's now too big for me to ever move by myself. All these from 20 or more years ago.

Have got the fire going already. Now for a nice nap!

Apr 4th, 2024, 6:13 am

Apr 5th, 2024, 1:32 am
Hello everyone

https://www.australiantraveller.com/nsw ... mountains/

Pj a photo of the new clifftop walk looks scary :shock: :lol: im always fascinated how they build these walkways on a sheer clifface :shock: :? it's been heavy rain all night still 22c :D it's nice to hear our little rishi is doing better :D Matina cold wet yessss finally hope it lasts I feel almost human :D couch surfing just the day for it :D and maybe hubby will make me brownies :D bless everyone :D
Apr 5th, 2024, 1:32 am