Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Jul 8th, 2021, 4:49 am

Sunny and a bit cold up here in the mountains as of 12 noon on Thursday . . . was supposed to have been down to -3 degrees last night.

matina, hope you have a good day. More news later. Rishi and I have been sitting here, waiting for the cockatoos to arrive. Talked to my brother last night. Eye feels pretty good.

Katy, local news this morning doesn't make it look like our lockdown will be ending early. No complaints from me, as usual, but I can feel the gloom from other people. My bushwalking friend out in Lithgow really misses being able to take the train to various places, where he can take off on new and different walks. On Wednesday, he walked out behind his house up into the mountains, going as far as Hassans Walls before swinging around and descending back down to Lithgow in a different place. 16 km in total! He sent me quite a few pictures. Below is his rosella closeup . . . he has an expensive camera with a zoom lens . .

Jul 8th, 2021, 4:49 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Jul 8th, 2021, 8:16 am
HELLO ALL!
hair wash was great seeing my auntie was great too she looks and feels ok. I worry as she has heart issues and is on blood thinners and they gave her the astra zenneca jab notorious for developing blood clots. I pray all goes well for her.
it has been a long day.
PJ so glad that the eye is feeling a lot better that photo is great. OH and i can see why it is your favourite Icon it is gorgeous and so large it is stunning. May he watch over you and your family and protect you all.
Kathy i don't know how your poor daughter will survive another week with 2 teenagers work and a hubby at home during this lock down.
time for a coffee awaiting a friends test results she got an electric shock yesterday by cleaning a faulty oven in her rental property. so i am kind of on pins and needles for her at the moment.
I may make it a chamomile tea i think.
WOLF OUT!
Jul 8th, 2021, 8:16 am

Jul 8th, 2021, 10:18 am
Jul 8th, 2021, 10:18 am

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Jul 8th, 2021, 11:25 am

matina, another icon for you! That last one sits on my bedside table. Glad to hear you had your hair attended to . . . mine is a mess! But Rishi and Sunnya don't care . . .

Diva! Great to see you here, swinging along . . .
Jul 8th, 2021, 11:25 am

Jul 9th, 2021, 1:49 am
Hello everyone :)

Diva yay mwah :lol:
Good morning Pj I'm glad it's winter during this lockdown it's cosy with the heat on a few books and a fresh pot of coffee I'm happy to be home :) Your friends photo of the Rosella is stunning how clear and bright are the colours :D 13c here today bit of rain :) look after yourself and the girls :)
Matina my daughter is doing ok well she phones me to vent a lot just to get it off her chest :lol: yeah it's hard to get the kids focused to do school work at home it's a battle to get them out of bed especially being so cold but we'll get there :( I hope your friend will be ok that's nasty what happened :shock: :? be safe everyone :D
Jul 9th, 2021, 1:49 am
Jul 9th, 2021, 6:23 am

matina and Katy . . . just finishing up some computer (ebook) work and e-mails to my brother's friends and will soon head off to Leura Mall. Had a nice talk with two old friends just now, one of whom is in hospital in Sydney and can have almost no visitors. Increased Greater Sydney lockdown starts at 5 pm but it won't worry me. I have to drive over to the vet next week for Rishi's regular appointment and otherwise will schedule either a Woolies or a Coles home delivery when needed. Also have a firewood delivery coming next Wednesday. So all is OK . . .

Diva and Fatima, trust you're both staying well.

Bye for now, everyone . . .

Jul 9th, 2021, 6:23 am

Jul 9th, 2021, 7:11 am
HELLO ALL!
PJ glad your doing ok thank you for your report on your brothers progress good news indeed. the icon is beautifully done these must have cost you a fortune or did you raid an actual church sale, although i can almost swear some are of Russian origin?? love to hear the story behind those.
I feel like that cocky but only with a bung right leg instead of his left one. i over reached while trying to clean the top back of the couch and whoopsies felt a stabbing pain in the front hip area and in the back too so i am now resting it and scoffing advil like they are going out of style, i was cleaning like a mad woman because with all the paper work of late for the last 2 months i had let it all lapse but a friend is coming over to visit ( yes the one who zapped herself) we make a fine pair. so i will see how i am tomorrow.
Kathy your daughter deserves a bloody medal dealing with all she does on a daily basis It is a pity you couldn't take 1 kid off her hands make him or her stay with you guys. I am sure your granddaughter would have loved some cooking lessons with your hubby (i would have said you ) but we don't need any more burned cookware :lol: :lol: :lol:
hello fatima diva alessa bear ice JG and anyone i may have forgotten hope all is well with you all.
diva next time don't just swing on through stay and say hello tell us what's going on in your neck of the woods we miss you.
well time for some norgesic and i am going to sit on the couch and make an Irish coffee hopefully i can pass out as the pain is sooo bad i cant put any weight on my right leg :? :( :( :(
be safe everyone and take care god bless you all
WOLF WELL AND TRULY OUT!!
Jul 9th, 2021, 7:11 am

Jul 9th, 2021, 8:11 am

matina, am now back home from my 'essential shopping' over at Leura Mall and the 5 pm deadline for the new, stricter covid lockdown guidelines have just come into effect. Won't really affect me but I can tell that it adds to the gloominess and emotion of many people. Hope you heal up quickly and can have a bit of a rest. It's sure easy to do that sort of thing when doing physical work. Have a few sore spots myself, but nothing really to complain about. I have to be careful when carrying my firewood. Rishi has been jumping up in my lap for a cuddle. Hard to use the computer this way, but I don't want to discourage her. Seems as if she's getting more and more friendly. Nearly time to start my fire . . .

Jul 9th, 2021, 8:11 am

Jul 9th, 2021, 3:47 pm
Whoop whooop

did an adoption today, this little girl has gone to her new home

and my paper wasp queen just had babies in the greenhouse, it's all happening here :lol:
Jul 9th, 2021, 3:47 pm

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Jul 10th, 2021, 2:10 am
Hi all

Good job fatima I hope she's gone to a good home :thumbup: :wave: Morning Pj aw what a sweety rishi is ,she's just helping you with your computer work :D we'll probably do an online shop as well I see a lot of Coles and Woollies trucks going down our street :D so everyone has the same idea :D my daughter just received the links for the kids online school work :? I can hear them groaning from here :lol: she spoke to their respective teachers who will do an online class as well let's hope the internet holds up now :shock: matina I hope your hip is a bit better :? enjoy your lunch today it's sounds yummy wish i was there :) be safe hugs all
Jul 10th, 2021, 2:10 am
Jul 10th, 2021, 5:45 am

Local bookshop at Leura Mall shown above, with a 'blazing' fire going, to keep all the mountain customers warm. Or maybe it's closed now, due to our strict lockdown. I took the picture three days ago. Sure glad that Mobilism keeps on keeping on!

matina, have been sending out news to more distant family members and friends since yesterday. I waited until I had some relatively good news to share. Now starting to get feedback. Hope you have a restful weekend. Very, very quiet up here . . . kind of cold again, so I've got the central heating going. Might even fire up my fire soon . . .

Katy, it's looking like our Sydney lockdown is going to continue, going by this morning's news. Apart from Rishi's vet appointment, I really don't need to go out next week. And the week after that I have my eye checkup. So I guess I'll rely on Coles or Woolies to bring me some food and resign myself to chilly but beautiful walks around the neighbourhood. There are sure worse places to be locked down. Hope your area isn't showing any new cases. I know the southwest is under scrutiny. Online schooling . . . oh, dear. Poor parents.

I just checked Rishi's left eye (after looking at the above photo) and it's fine. She was just blinking, I guess. Notice that I got my Egyptian cat in the shot, in the upper right . . .
Jul 10th, 2021, 5:45 am

Jul 10th, 2021, 6:43 am
HELLO ALL!
PJ, RISHI is winking. bless her.
Kathy lunch was good and i even amazed myself that i was able to hot spot her phone wifi via bluetooth to make her media player download vlc media player so she can play all formats of tv series and set it up that way. it took some trouble shooting but got there in the end. I was soooo relieved i managed it as a friend of mine set up mine when i bought my media player. So it was a good day. Snowy loved her sat on her lap the whole time (really irks me when the little bugger wont sit on our laps that way) total traitor. oh and it drives me nuts when they all go "ohhh isn't he so cute and polite and friendly" when he just growls at both of us. it is then i feel a homer Simpson reenactment of him choking Bart
Image :lol: :lol: :lol:
hello alessa diva bear ice and JG how are you all.
Fatima i am so glad the the PJ lookalike found a good home :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
the Queen paper wasp had babies yikes i wouldn't be happy about that at all :o :shock: :? :?
well time for more pain medication and settle in for the afternoon we had scones for coffee but she had to leave she was going house hunting with her parents so i guess more for me and mum sour cherry jam with butter and cream kathy where the bloody hell are you?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
be safe everyone and god bless you all
WOLF OUT!
Jul 10th, 2021, 6:43 am

Jul 10th, 2021, 7:19 am

One of my best-ever cockatoo photos! Had about 50 of them visiting on the front deck this morning . . . all gone now.

Fatima, good work regarding the adooption of my canine look-alike! I'm so glad that I already have a good home. Am unlikely to be adopted . . .

matina, all well here. Numbers of e-mails coming in from old friends who didn't know how sick my brother has been. I don't think he told anyone what was going on. Another picture of Rishi, who was climbing up on the railing over the staircase. Wish she wouldn't do that, but I guess she's pretty agile . . .

Jul 10th, 2021, 7:19 am

Jul 10th, 2021, 7:50 am
Oh yeah scones jam cream I'm in

I've had a little too much caffeine :lol: :lol:

Have a good night matina , Pj take care all :D
Jul 10th, 2021, 7:50 am
Jul 10th, 2021, 8:36 am
matina wrote:the Queen paper wasp had babies yikes i wouldn't be happy about that at all :o :shock: :? :?

Paper wasps aren't as aggressive as normal wasps and she's been in the greenhouse since April building the nest and having babies. They don't bother me, I don't bother them and it's fascinating to see the tiny babies flying around :D
Jul 10th, 2021, 8:36 am

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi