Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Jun 25th, 2021, 3:41 pm
Haven't been to the pound for a while due to awful weather and thunderstorms, but we got there this afternoon

Here is the handsome Nyl for Matina

And the absolutely, gorgeous bouncy pup Pluton

and playful Oka

Jun 25th, 2021, 3:41 pm

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Jun 26th, 2021, 2:36 am
Hi all :D

Hey fatima it's always makes us smile when you pop in with the gorgeous pups :) Matina we're ok here we are not lockdown as such :? but a lot of the hotspots are in and around us the West Hoxton 17 cases birthday party spread to our shops etc :shock: but they are all apparently isolating now but we are limiting our movements :) as you know I don't mind being home :D drive safe in your travels today :D Good morning Pj I love your crystals gorgeous :D 21c today sunny just lovely :D how's the eye feeling :? as I told Matina we're staying close to home with all that's going on :? it's school holidays now so I'm not sure if we'll have the kids or not we'll see :? Enjoy the day take care everyone :D
Jun 26th, 2021, 2:36 am
Jun 26th, 2021, 4:44 am

matina, here are some closeups of two of my living room icon pictures. I'll send more later. Hope you're enjoying a good weekend and getting some rest. Had a short talk with my brother last night. He's OK and feeling good, but has to start his new chemo next week.

Katy, I could send lots of crystal pictures. They're beautiful, aren't they? I have a friend who runs a shop in Katoomba called 'Wollemi Gems' and I took those shots while visiting him the other day. The tourists always want to buy opals, of course. 9 degrees and very windy up here, so it feels much colder. Didn't even thinking about sitting out in my backyard this morning. Yes, I guess we're all more or less staying home more now, even though the Blue Mountains doesn't seem to be part of the Sydney covid scene.

Fatima, love your dog pictures! So wonderful to know there are people all around the world looking after our furry friends.

Jun 26th, 2021, 4:44 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Jun 27th, 2021, 2:18 am
Morning :D

Hi Pj yes I love the crystals I have a few smaller versions my self not as large as your photos :D I don't know why they included the blue mountains in this lockdown :? Most of the cases are in my area :shock: who knows their reasoning ,I'm home anyway lots of books to read and mobi contests so I'm happy :D I hope you are ok and you're eye is not too sore :D enjoy your Sunday :D Matina the kids are bored already though it doesn't take much :? its a shame they did have things they were going to do over the holidays but what can you do,
Have a nice lunch out :) washing and cleaning waits for no one :lol: take care everyone :D
Jun 27th, 2021, 2:18 am
Jun 27th, 2021, 5:06 am

Images of lockdown . . . lots more photos of Blue Mountains birds watching me watching them . . . Absolutely beautiful winter's day here . . .

matina, trust you're OK in SA, covid-wise. Here in Sydney, Katy and me and our 5.5 million friends and colleagues are well and truly locked down. Doesn't make a smidgeon of different to me, really, since I can always go for a walk around the beautiful bush, so long as I don't take more than 9 friends with me. (I don't even have that many friends.) And I have heaps of expensive cat food stored up in my cupboards. Toilet paper? I could open a shop. Anyhow . . . eye is slightly better today and the 'blur' off to the right seems to be subsiding. Am taking my drops religiously (with a little prayer). Ringing my brother tonight for a chat Sunday morning his time. Hope you're having a good weekend.

Katy, yes, it's weird to think the Blue Mountains are included in the lockdown. Haven't had cases here for nearly a year, I think. And I wonder, out of those 50-70 people who have now tested positive via PCR, whether any are really sick or not, or if all are asymptomatic. Someone told me at Leura Mall that no-one has died 'of covid' in Australia for about a year. Lithgow Hospital was very, very quiet while I was there Wednesday. Hardly a soul about. And, sadly, not one big gray kangaroo visible on the surrounding hills. Glad that I no longer have to look after children or others (in my 40 years of work) who really don't understand why governments make certain rules. An old friend of mine who runs a Sydney aged care facility (a job I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole) is now in hospital himself, in the ICU, with a severe diabetic/gout attack. Am in touch with his daughter, who came down from Armidale. No-one else can visit him, but I'm going to keep in touch with everyone via phone and internet in any case. What a world we live in! Glad you're enjoying your reading. Much the same here, apart from my panoramic views of native birds, that take my attention away from books and computers from time to time.

Greetings to all our CC&BC friends. Hope you're all staying well.

Jun 27th, 2021, 5:06 am

Jun 27th, 2021, 7:48 am
HELLO ALL!
fatima oh my lord talk bout gorgeousness!!! how cute i want to take them all home with me. thank you for posting them they make my day i do love them so. god bless you.
Kathy school holidays in lockdown your grandkids are going to kill their poor parents. thoughts and prayers to you all and goodluck!
PJ :o :shock: oh those Icons are gorgeous now tell me the story of how & where you acquired them? and is the last one of archangel Michael or Gabriel? :?
I see now that i was right that cockie is sporting an injured right cankle :lol: :lol: :lol: (shame on you for over feeding them) :lol: :lol: :lol: time to get out the bandages and help the poor guy out. :lol: :lol:
we had a nice day today lunch out and it was nice then came home i now have a few things to organise for a friend then couch time tomorrow is lodgment day!!!whoohoo!!! then the rest of my paperwork for mum begins in earnest no rest for this wicked wicked wolf
Satan duty on Tuesday all pray for me!! :? :( :(
god be with us all.
to everyone else please be safe take care and god be with you always
WOLF OUT!
Jun 27th, 2021, 7:48 am

Jun 27th, 2021, 8:44 am
and then I got to play with these 2 furry monsters yesterday morning

Jun 27th, 2021, 8:44 am

Jun 27th, 2021, 11:24 am

Took a little walk around the Point this afternoon . . . beautiful sunny day . . . only saw one other person . . . running down the road.

matina, it's St. Michael . . . am pretty sure. Will send more later. My cockies are all down in the Jamison Valley now, sound asleep. It's an easy glide down there . . . even if they're a bit overweight.

Katy, enjoyed a very quiet day today. Fuzzies don't seem to mind lockdown at all . . .

Fatima, love those puppies!
Jun 27th, 2021, 11:24 am

Jun 28th, 2021, 2:00 am
Hi everyone

Good morning Pj is that a zoom lens photo of the cocky or is he really that big is that the sentinel that keeps a watch on you he's creepy :lol: theyre probably laying low in the valley cause they can't take off :lol: it has been gorgeous winter weather here 18c although I would love your scenic views :D Yes unfortunately the kids don't understand this virus and why we can't go out to places atleast it's holidays and my daughter isn't trying to home school and do her work as well :? Matina I just hope your not waiting too long for a reply from ndis :? good luck with it all :D hi fatima :D diva hugs always mwah :D time to hunt down some books :D take care be safe :D
Jun 28th, 2021, 2:00 am
Jun 28th, 2021, 4:39 am

matina, all well here today. Eye feels OK. Have just put in my organic veggie order for tomorrow. They deliver from the Hartley Valley, just outside the lockdown zone, and are classed as an essential service, for food delivery. I've known them for years, from when I once stopped at a local fair and complimented them on their guinea pigs. (I used to have a lot of guinea pigs.) Anyhow, a partly sunny day and I'm just watching the cockies finishing their brunch.

Katy, only about 8 degrees up here today, but no wind, so it doesn't feel so cold. Those cockies of mine are pretty big, to be sure, but I think my camera angle has something to do about it. If I move very slowly, I can put the iPhone right up against the window and get super closeups! Never can do that with the rosellas; they're too shy. Likewise my favourite 'pinhead' pigeons. Yes, kids in lockdown . . . am glad others have to mind them now. I guess I did my job for nearly 40 years, so am happily resting. Am watching the QLD covid situation and hoping my family doesn't run into lockdown up there.

I took the above photo across the street, looking east at sunset, to try to get the glow from the cliffs at Kings Tablelands.

Lots and lots of cockies again today . . .
Jun 28th, 2021, 4:39 am

Jun 28th, 2021, 5:30 am
HELLO ALL!
HOOORAYYYYY! forms finally lodged (now the waiting begins) :? :?
just had lunch time for nana nap now. I am so relieved to be rid of the application it was doing my head in. It is sad to see kids during the Holiya's caught in a lockdown it is murder for them and for the parents too.
would love to hear more of where and how you got the icons PJ :D pm me i love a good story :D
Kathy i hope i don't have to wait too long either (i am not a patient person) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fatima oh how spectacular you saved the best for last :lol: :lol: just pack him up and send him/her to me :D :D
well must get the dishes done then go for nana nap mind you i was too anxious last night to sleep as i will be tonight as tomorrow Satan duty begins :? :( :(
be safe everyone and god bless and be with us all
WOLF OUT!
Jun 28th, 2021, 5:30 am

Jun 29th, 2021, 2:30 am
Morning :)

Matina I hope you get him in to the appt quickly then you can dump his ass home 8)
grab something nice for lunch on the way home you'll deserve it, or a big shot of whiskey when your home :) just a little kilt magic to get you thru Satan duty :D

Good morning Pj now I know you probably can't make out the first pic it might be too much for your new lens :shock: but here's a cute kitty for you to enjoy :lol: 17c a bit of rain at the moment :D unfortunately our local vege grocer doesn't deliver so we'll have to venture out later in the week to get some fresh veges :? I hope all is well with you and the girls :D take care everyone :D
Jun 29th, 2021, 2:30 am
Jun 29th, 2021, 5:32 am

matina, so glad to hear that you're making progress. Don't know how you do it. More on icons later. Am doing pretty well and hope that I get the 'all clear' from my eye surgeon on Thursday. Waiting to hear from my niece about my brother.

Katy, I always hold my hand over my eyes when I first check CC&BC, so as not to crack or otherwise damage my new lenses. Sometimes I peek between my fingers a bit. So today, I carefully allowed myself to check out the plaid and, lo and behold, a Scottish cat! Just what I needed today. I haven't looked at the other picture yet and might leave it until my new lens is 'broken in' and working 100%. 8 degrees and rainy and foggy up here. Nice and warm in the house and Sunnya is sitting on top of one of the central heating vents. I'm watching out the window as well, waiting for my organic veggies to arrive from down in Hartley Valley. No need to go anywhere else and I've got plenty of expensive cat food on hand.

Fatima, trust all is OK with you. Every afternoon between 4 and 5:30 I watch a little parade of big and little puppies going past my house . . . 'dog walk hour' . . . and I've got to know most of them. I recognise the dogs more than I do the owners!

New pizza shop on Leura Mall opened just before the lockdown . . . run by the coffee shop and cafe up the street. Sure hope it survives. Was very quiet over there yesterday, when I visited my pharmacy for new meds.
Jun 29th, 2021, 5:32 am

Jun 29th, 2021, 6:13 am
pjmpjm wrote:Every afternoon between 4 and 5:30 I watch a little parade of big and little puppies going past my house . . . 'dog walk hour' . . . and I've got to know most of them. I recognise the dogs more than I do the owners!

:lol: :lol: PJ this is my problem, I recognise, and remember the names of the dogs but not the owners :lol:

I noticed you've suddenly become a little green - congratulations :clap:
Jun 29th, 2021, 6:13 am

Jun 29th, 2021, 6:55 am

Fatima, my 'kitten' Rishi doesn't need to go for walks in the rain. She thinks that it's much nicer inside the house, with central heating or -- even better -- a roaring fire!

Yes, am going to try to help out at Mobi a bit. It's been such a great boon to my reading life since 2014 and I feel like I'm getting better every day, with more energy.

Still rainy and foggy up here. But I actually enjoy the winter weather.

Crimson rosellas still visit every day . . .
Jun 29th, 2021, 6:55 am