The graphic novels loved by children and adults alike
Jun 18th, 2020, 10:43 am
abb14 wrote:My sons (7yo and 6yo) are just getting into comics.

They started with Beano (a UK weekly), and have read all of the annuals back to the 1950s. They read the Dogman book series (also hugely popular in the UK), and Asterix & Obelix, Tintin, and Star Wars.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other strips/series, comics or manga, to introduce them to? They're great readers, but it needs to be an appropriate level in terms of language, violence, etc. I'm not quite sure what to do next. I downloaded the Calvin and Hobbes collections, but... after that?

Has anyone seen The Complete Little Orphan Annie, and know if it's been digitised? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Complete_Little_Orphan_Annie)

Thanks in advance!

Manga:
- Naruto
- Hunter x Hunter
- Hajime no Ippo
- others:
Code: Select allhttps://ifanboy.com/articles/the-top-10-best-manga-for-children/
Jun 18th, 2020, 10:43 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Jun 18th, 2020, 10:51 am
Thank you – a lot of those look good!
Jun 18th, 2020, 10:51 am
Aug 21st, 2020, 5:10 pm
Is the comic section dead?
Aug 21st, 2020, 5:10 pm
Aug 27th, 2020, 3:19 pm
I've recently decided that I want to get back into reading X-men Comics (my favorite series, growing up in the 80s and 90s). I feel like I need help navigating the series from the 2000s, though-- the last graphic novel I read was the original Astonishing X-Men. What volumes, or even spin-off titles, are good? What should I avoid?

And for the love of god, can someone please tell me how Logan escaped being entombed in adamantium? I'm not all that invested in reading whatever story is tied into it; I just want that answer spoiled for me, if you don't mind, please.
Aug 27th, 2020, 3:19 pm
Aug 9th, 2021, 10:46 am
We, comics enthusiasts, need to continue the revolution that zacharie, ojay, guy and many other comics moderators had started back in early second decade of 21st century!
Any plans guys and gals?

I'm currently working on reposting all the popular comics posts done by zackarie and Ojay! Need your support in it by sharing feedback and 'reading' them so that we can discuss even more! If you find any amazing comics/graphic novel feel free to post it here too and reposting is a cherry on the cake if you do.

Thank you! :)
Aug 9th, 2021, 10:46 am

Aug 9th, 2021, 10:47 am
januardo wrote:Is the comic section dead?

No, it is not until we are here :)
Hope to see your enthusiasm over here 8)
Aug 9th, 2021, 10:47 am

Jan 26th, 2022, 11:42 pm
I read the first couple of issues of the new Hulk series and it's a steaming pile of rubbish. Another rehash of the hoary, "Bruce Banner has turned into a nutcase" storyline was bad enough, but "Starship Hulk" put me right off. Needless to say I won't be reading any more the Hulk.

Personal rating 1/5.
Jan 26th, 2022, 11:42 pm
Feb 13th, 2022, 1:46 pm
I have to say that, as long as I've been a member of this site, I am guilty of never checking this section out. And that's a real shame because I've found some absolutely fantastic stuff here! I think the real find for me was the Archie 75 Stories for 75 Years. I was quite the Archie geek as a kid and this collection is amazing! Thanks to everyone who's posting so many great collections here!
Feb 13th, 2022, 1:46 pm
Mar 18th, 2022, 2:39 pm
I have always read TinTin over and over again, and a lot of He-Man.
Archies, Duck Tales, TalesSpin (surprisingly, the Spanish one), and many others. I have a comics collection of around 2800+ books till date.
Mar 18th, 2022, 2:39 pm
Nov 4th, 2022, 11:06 am
new to comic books i want to get started as i have e ink colour e reader
i dont really like super hero stuff/space sci fi stuff - what do you reccomend?
Nov 4th, 2022, 11:06 am
Nov 5th, 2022, 3:54 am
wakkaday,

You could try:

The Goon by Eric Powell.
Hellboy/B.P.R.D. by Mike Mignola.
The Norse Mythology series by Neil Gaiman and P. Craig Russell.
I Hate Fairyland by Skottie Young.
Carl Barks's Donald Duck/Uncle Scrooge comics.

Or you could visit Comics For All and search through their extensive lists of many varied comics types and download them to read. https://comicsforall269084760.wordpress.com/

Let me know if there are any specific genres of comics you are interested in and I'll see what I can find.
Nov 5th, 2022, 3:54 am
Feb 24th, 2023, 8:37 am
I'm looking for a way to download children's/middle grade/YA graphic novels by publishers like Oni Press, First Second, Random House Graphix and Scholastic. Does anyone know of a way? I use getcomics.info for Marvel/DC/Image/single issue comics but can't seem to find a reliable source for original graphic novels. Thanks in advance :)
Feb 24th, 2023, 8:37 am
Apr 25th, 2023, 3:16 am
My collecting of DC and Marvel comics has dropped off precipitously over the past few years (apart from the cost of buying comics here in Australia) is mainly due to the nasty disease I call Pestiferous Eventitus. Every couple of months there seems to be a new crossover racket. Case in point: DC's Knight Terrors being the latest:

DC's Knight Terrors checklist -

May 6: Dawn of DC Knight Terrors Free Comic Book Day Special Edition by Joshua Williamson and Howard Porter
July 4: Knight Terrors: First Blood #1 by Joshua Williamson and Howard Porter
July 4: Knight Terrors: Batman #1 by Joshua Williamson and Guillem March
July 4: Knight Terrors: Ravager #1 by Ed Brisson and Dexter Soy
July 4: Knight Terrors: The Joker #1 by Matthew Rosenberg and Stefano Raffaele
July 4: Knight Terrors: Poison Ivy #1 by G. Willow Wilson and Atagun Ilhan
July 4: Knight Terrors: Black Adam #1 by Jeremy Haun
July 11: Knight Terrors #1 (of 4) by Joshua Williamson, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Stefano Nesi, and Caspar Wijngaard
July 11: Knight Terrors: Robin #1 by Kenny Porter and Miguel Mendonça
July 11: Knight Terrors: The Flash #1 by Alex Paknadel and Daniel Bayliss
July 11: Knight Terrors: Zatanna #1 by Dennis Culver and David Baldeon
July 11: Knight Terrors: Shazam #1 from Mark Waid and Roger Cruz
July 11: Knight Terrors: Green Lantern #1 by Jeremy Adams, Alex Segura, Eduardo Pansica, Julio Ferreira, and Mario 'Fox' Foccillo
July 18: Knight Terrors: Wonder Woman #1 by Josie Campbell, Stephanie Williams, Juan Ferreyra, and Meghan Hetrick
July 18: Knight Terrors: Superman #1 by Joshua Williamson and Tom Reilly
July 18: Knight Terrors: Nightwing #1 by Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad, and Daniele Di Nicuolo
July 18: Knight Terrors: Catwoman #1 by Tini Howard and Leila Leiz
July 18: Knight Terrors: Punchline #1 by Danny Lore and Lucas Meyer
July 25: Knight Terrors #2 (of 4) by Joshua Williamson, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Stefano Nesi, and Caspar Wijngaard
July 25: Knight Terrors: Teen Titans #1 by Andrew Constant and Scott Godlewski
July 25: Knight Terrors: Action Comics #1 by Leah Williams, Phillip Kennedy Johnson, and Vasco Georgiev
July 25: Knight Terrors: Detective Comics #1 by Dan Watters and Riccardo Federici
July 25: Knight Terrors: Harley Quinn #1 by Tini Howard and Hayden Sherman
July 25: Knight Terrors: Angel Breaker #1 by Tim Seeley and Acky Bright
TBD: Knight Terrors #3 (of 4) by Joshua Williamson, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Stefano Nesi, and Caspar Wijngaard
TBD: Knight Terrors #4 (of 4) by Joshua Williamson, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Stefano Nesi, and Caspar Wijngaard

I'll be sticking with the dozen titles from smaller publishers thank you very much.
Apr 25th, 2023, 3:16 am
Jun 30th, 2023, 2:40 pm
If you want to download comics: Bookgn (http://www.bookgn.com/), Getcomics (https://getcomics.org/) and Panel Syndicate (http://panelsyndicate.com/). If you just want to read them online: Readcomiconline (https://readcomiconline.li/).
Jun 30th, 2023, 2:40 pm

I was in the beginning and shall be forever. The first and the last. The world come full circle. I am time, the destroyer. I was the wind and the stars before this. Before planets. Before heaven and hell. And when all is done, I will be wind again, to blow this world as dust back into endless space.