The graphic novels loved by children and adults alike
Dec 25th, 2018, 7:07 pm
It’s hard to feel enthusiasm for most comics tbh, especially since most of them implausibly share a universe, which in its own takes away the impact of most of what happens in these stories when they attempt to be serious or dramatic. When it comes to comedies or satire however, like The Boys, then it’s fine, but I can’t ever imagine myself investing time and getting into any of the major comic book shared universes.
Dec 25th, 2018, 7:07 pm
Jan 19th, 2019, 1:23 am
We need another comics crash - https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/TheGreatComicsCrashOf1996 is because the variation insanity in most of the publishers is getting beyond a joke. Disney/Marvel is without doubt the worst offender with this crap and as we know Disney will milk it until people say enough is enough. The main reason, however, for me to stop purchasing all bar about 12 titles, is the damned fortnightly publishing schedule of a lot of titles. It's expensive buying comics in Australia, around $8.00 per issue, and being on a tight budget meant my collecting had to be severely curtailed becaue I just could not (and still can't) afford it any more.
Jan 19th, 2019, 1:23 am
Jan 30th, 2019, 10:36 pm
Fortnightly publishing is just in the summer. When that started in the late 80s I started subscribing to a lot of titles, which helped a lot when the the prices doubled from $.75 to $1.50 overnight. A comics "crash" will not lower prices or even really reduce the amount of books published. They have become too mainstream to ever become a smaller industry. I only read limited series, one shots and obscure titles now. The Batman '66 series' have all been awesome and the Archie crossovers and horror line are great too. But the real question is why is a person buying comics at all? Every comic is available for free online.
Jan 30th, 2019, 10:36 pm
Feb 3rd, 2019, 8:30 am
I want to know how to make request to get Laurel and Hardy comics

merry60 wrote:Please use the Requests section and fill the template to post a new request, thanks.
Feb 3rd, 2019, 8:30 am
Apr 18th, 2019, 4:09 am
Read the first (and only issue for me) issue of War of the Realms #1 last and it's a load of awful disjointed rubbish. Found out that there was a new series of The Goon out and swiftly added it to my small purchase list.
Apr 18th, 2019, 4:09 am
Apr 28th, 2019, 7:56 pm
agant wrote:Epubs suck for comix. Can't really be enjoyed. I convert to pdfs with Calibre. Anyone with other suggestions?

An epub is just a zip file by another name. So what I do is:
1 - change the suffix to zip
2 - open in whatever archive manager you like (winrar, winzip ...)
3 - extract all the images in the file to a directory, then delete any that are not related to the comic (or ads you don't want)
4 - create a new rar file, and add all the images you extracted
5 - rename the rar file as cbr, and you should be good to go.

I have skipped parts 1-4 of the above, and had it work on occasion, but there is still alot of crap in the file, which can slow your comic reader up a bit.
Apr 28th, 2019, 7:56 pm
May 10th, 2019, 12:41 am
Sort of comics related: Saw Avengers: Endgame yesterday and thought it was a load of yawn inspiring, underwhelming rubbish.
Apart from the kiddie style stuff, I enjoyed Shazam! more because on the whole it doesn't take itself as seriously as Avengers: Endgame.
May 10th, 2019, 12:41 am
Jun 9th, 2019, 6:10 am
I've read the first four issues of Marvel's "Cosmic Ghost Rider Destroys the Marvel Universe" and am still waiting for it to be humorous. Painfully unfunny and tiresome reading.
Jun 9th, 2019, 6:10 am
Aug 19th, 2019, 3:15 pm
comicrack:
I have used this software for a couple of months (create cbrs from children's picture books) and would like to support it, but their site seems to have been taken over by hackers. It is a mess. No members are shown as being logged in. Can someone explain?
Aug 19th, 2019, 3:15 pm

:wave:
Sep 1st, 2019, 12:53 am
I think she was only weaker than him at that point because she was worn out from a battle shed just had, and because she panicked when she realized what was happening.

It would have been an amazing moment if she had staked him right then, wouldnt it?
Sep 1st, 2019, 12:53 am
Nov 27th, 2019, 10:10 pm
I see Disney, I mean Marvel, now appears to have started making every month an EVENT MONTH. Absolute Carnage, Annihilation, Ravencroft, A.I. Uprising and on and on it goes. How long will it continue before they wake up and realise that the Marvel brand is turning to crap? With Disney and greed in charge; probably never.

Well, it also looks like I'll be cancelling the only two Marvel comics that I considered worth collecting Thor, with yet another reboot, and the soon to be rehashed Immortal Hulk. The other reason is cost related due to the damned fortnightly schedule which means here I'll be paying more than I can comfortably afford. Well done Disney/Marvel.
Nov 27th, 2019, 10:10 pm
Dec 31st, 2019, 2:00 am
I've been rereading Marvel's Tomb of Dracula and find that Gene Colan and Tom Palmer's art and inks are far and away better in black and white rather than colour.
Dec 31st, 2019, 2:00 am
May 31st, 2020, 4:31 am
Comics are cool but where's the manga at?? Could be I'm just missing it but regardless it really seems to be lacking here.
May 31st, 2020, 4:31 am
Jun 17th, 2020, 9:17 am
polypho wrote:Comics are cool but where's the manga at?? Could be I'm just missing it but regardless it really seems to be lacking here.

it would be great to find the classics here!
Jun 17th, 2020, 9:17 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Jun 17th, 2020, 12:31 pm
My sons (7yo and 6yo) are just getting into comics.

They started with Beano (a UK weekly), and have read all of the annuals back to the 1950s. They read the Dogman book series (also hugely popular in the UK), and Asterix & Obelix, Tintin, and Star Wars.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other strips/series, comics or manga, to introduce them to? They're great readers, but it needs to be an appropriate level in terms of language, violence, etc. I'm not quite sure what to do next. I downloaded the Calvin and Hobbes collections, but... after that?

Has anyone seen The Complete Little Orphan Annie, and know if it's been digitised? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Complete_Little_Orphan_Annie)

Thanks in advance!
Jun 17th, 2020, 12:31 pm