If it does not belong anywhere else and has to do with Android post it here.
Nov 5th, 2009, 9:29 pm
I see this question a lot so here is a step by step guide on installing apps from Mobilism :D

1. Download the app
2. Transfer the app to your phone and place in a folder you will remember placing it in on your SD Card (Skip this step if using you Android to download)
3. Go to the Market (on your Android) and search for Astro
4. Download Astro File Manager (its free)
5. Once installed open Astro
6. Go to the folder you put the application in (if you downloaded from you Android it will be the folder call "download" or "downloads")
7. Click the app once (a Pop Up should appear) and choose open app manager (or words to that effect)
8. Click install once (you may get a Pop Up saying its blocked from installing just go to the settings and check the "Unknown Applications")

If you get a file with the app name and a extension that's like app name here.txt just use Astro and rename it to app name here.apk and do steps 7 and 8.

I don't know how else to explain it but hope that helps 8)
Nov 5th, 2009, 9:29 pm
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:55 pm
Great guide, sunjoyk! I've stickied it for others. ;)
Nov 5th, 2009, 11:55 pm

One of my links dead? PM me!
Feb 14th, 2010, 5:07 am
Awsome thx!
Feb 14th, 2010, 5:07 am
Jul 4th, 2010, 4:40 am
Hi there sunjoyk,I have never use Android system before but am planning to buy a 7" MID running
Android,but was told by friends that the device have NO LINK TO GOOGLE MARKET PLACE:
How do I install applications into my device
How about free wares that we can find on-line
thanks for your help,am very blur here

the MID is Moonse E7001
Jul 4th, 2010, 4:40 am
Sep 2nd, 2010, 1:30 pm
Why go thru all this trouble ? It's way more easy to get Dropbox (free) and just drag the file to your folder on the computer and open the file thru the Android app and it asks your if you want to install or not ;)
Sep 2nd, 2010, 1:30 pm
Jan 17th, 2011, 3:24 am
sunjoyk, i tried your method..but it is still giving me issues. i have downloaded the apk file to my sd card but when i try to open app..it say its denied...even when i turn off the block..what am i doing wrong. please help.
Jan 17th, 2011, 3:24 am
Apr 1st, 2011, 6:19 am
Another method is to install the android SDK tools. Add the platform-tools directory to your system path variable(this info is on google). Then connect your phone with your USB cable, and keep it on charge only. Hit the start button in windows, and type(or select run in XP), and type CMD. Now you need to use the command prompt to navigate to the folder where the app/apk is. For example if the apk is on your desktop, you would do cd \desktop and enter. This should put you at C:\users\username\desktop> and simply type "adb install some.apk". This sounds complicated but it is not as bad as it seems. This needs to be done in some cases for system apps. You can also do "adb push some.apk system/app/"
Apr 1st, 2011, 6:19 am
May 27th, 2011, 12:33 pm
I will discover the world of Android because I get the world of WM
Thank you very much for this tutorial.
2 questions by a neebie :
- Can you install on a smartphone non-rooter and with the bootloader locked?
- Can you install applications on SD card with Astro File Manager?
May 27th, 2011, 12:33 pm

Excuse my english......I'm french :D
Jun 3rd, 2011, 6:36 am
If you are using an HTC phone, I found that you can also use the "HTC Sync" software and install the applications by using the "Application Installer" option. Can confirm that this works on the HTC Incredible 2.
Jun 3rd, 2011, 6:36 am
Jun 3rd, 2011, 10:16 am
can i just contribute to this forum with a tip: easiest way for me to install an apk is to send it to my gmail account from desktop outlook and then open my gmail on my android and just click install. and then delete the email if you want...
i think this is easiest because it doesnt involve installing third party software and its also fastest.
Jun 3rd, 2011, 10:16 am
Jun 3rd, 2011, 1:24 pm
Best way is to use Awesome Drop to transfer via wifi to your phone, need the app from the market also.

Works for any file and is fairly fast and no need for usb and once it is on you phone you just click on the file and it will install while still in Awesome drop.
:lol:
Jun 3rd, 2011, 1:24 pm
Jun 16th, 2011, 4:54 am
i get a lot of . htm and . bin I've tried renaming but file manager is blank when i open and nothing to install how do you get the apk from . htm and . bin
Jun 16th, 2011, 4:54 am
Jul 1st, 2011, 4:44 pm
hi, iam new here and my DHD is my first android smartphone.
Thanx for this Guide.... =)
Jul 1st, 2011, 4:44 pm
Aug 1st, 2011, 12:45 am
Hi everyone was just wondering if this method will work on ANY Android phone..the one I am thinking about getting is either the Samsung Galaxy or the HTC Sensation from T-mobile..I assume that I do NOT have to have a rooted phone in order to do this but just wanted to be sure. One more thing, how do I know when I am installing a game if its compatible with my particular phone, is there something to check in advance to see if it will work. Thanks so much for this great guide
Aug 1st, 2011, 12:45 am