Discuss Android devices here.
Jun 6th, 2011, 12:08 am
so I like apps; a lot.
My desire seems to not like me downloading apps because quite frankly; even after moving all possible apps to my SD card i still have so little room on my internal storage I cannot download anything even to put it on my SD card. Could anyone help me with this problem? Lately I've been exploring widgets and all that and they dont work if you put them on the SD card. Real piss off.
Jun 6th, 2011, 12:08 am
Jun 6th, 2011, 4:33 am
Yes. There are many apps like facebook, fring, gmail, adobe flash player everything takes up huge space of internal memory. Its a big pain.

I installed CyanogenMod 7 and it allows non movable apps also to be moved to SD card. But you need to create a partition first using ROM MANAGER. All my problems solved after this and I love my HTC Desire more than ever.

If you donot know about cyanogen head on to www.cyanogenmod.com

hope this helps.

tks.
Jun 6th, 2011, 4:33 am
Jun 28th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Yes, as mentionned by othsideme, the solution would be to go for a custom ROM (so rooting your phone) and use an "ext" partition on your SD card.
Have been using that for a while and everything just go fine (widgets, apps). As of today, this is the only solution to go around the internal HTC Desire internal storage joke.
A2SD can only be a solution if you don't have to much (heavy) apps.
Jun 28th, 2011, 12:34 pm
Jun 28th, 2011, 2:15 pm
cantthinkofaname wrote:With CM7, you can also flash a custom hboot, which gives almost 300mb for apps.
check out
http://alpharev.nl/

Same with Leedroid and it's a FAR better rom..
Jun 28th, 2011, 2:15 pm
Jun 28th, 2011, 5:36 pm
TheIntruder wrote:
cantthinkofaname wrote:With CM7, you can also flash a custom hboot, which gives almost 300mb for apps.
check out
http://alpharev.nl/

Same with Leedroid and it's a FAR better rom..

Well, no ROM is better than the one which suits your preferences. :)

Didn't mention this partition table possibility, as this is particular and can sometimes prevent you from testing some ROMs (I used a long time the CM7 tables but ended with Oxygen table as I use that ROM, even used it with CM7 table). But when you are set with a ROM, it's a good thing for sure.

Depending on how many apps you use, an ext partition can still be a good choice (even a mix of stock + 500Mb of ext is more than CM7 or Oxygen partition scheme). Also you can mix CM7 or another partition scheme and an ext to get a huge space for apps.

Choice is yours.
Jun 28th, 2011, 5:36 pm
Sep 8th, 2011, 3:36 am
this is the reason why i rooted mine,
Sep 8th, 2011, 3:36 am