No, I don't have or want to have it. 13
4%
No, I have it and it sucks! 6
2%
Other... (explain below ;) ) 6
2%
Total votes : 326
Jul 20th, 2010, 11:19 pm
Anybody have one? What do you think about it? I would love to get one myself :lol:

The Samsung Galaxy S is quickly becoming the most popular Android phone in the world. With 4 alternate versions set to launch in the United States, this powerhouse of a phone could become one of the best selling handsets of all time.
Rocking a Super AMOLED 4.0 inch capacitive touchscreen and a 5.0 megapixel camera that can take 720p high definition video, the Galaxy S can definitely hang with the big boys.

(From http://phandroid.com/samsung-galaxy-s/#overview)

http://galaxys.samsungmobile.com/
Jul 20th, 2010, 11:19 pm

UK: Selling iPhone 4S in great condition:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111535884377
Jul 21st, 2010, 12:42 am
i am going to get the samsung epic 4g which is a galaxy s phone but with a keyboard. :)
i really want it badly. rumors of a release date is around end of august or begining of september i cant wait to switch to app friendly android os. i dont think ill miss windows mobile very much and slow hardware. but will miss the tilt screen on my tp2 but thats all i cant wait :)
Jul 21st, 2010, 12:42 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Jul 21st, 2010, 2:38 pm
Wow lucky you :) I might be about to buy the international Galaxy S quite cheap soon. I looks reeeaally good (considering the price). =) Only thing is: no flash :( But apparently the camera is great anyway.
Jul 21st, 2010, 2:38 pm

UK: Selling iPhone 4S in great condition:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111535884377
Jul 28th, 2010, 10:31 pm
I want Image its getting closer and closer. August 20th i cant wait. Image
Jul 28th, 2010, 10:31 pm

Jul 29th, 2010, 4:56 pm
I like the phone but the verizon version won't have a keyboard like the sprint one :(. I've had keyboard phones for as long as I can remember so I don't know if I could live without pushing buttons.
Jul 29th, 2010, 4:56 pm
Jul 30th, 2010, 7:07 am
I have it, and I love it :) it's my first smartphone, and right now i'm in heaven here on mobilism.org

after watching every single video I could find about it + reading all the reviews, the choice was pretty simple (I was actully thinking of buying a desire first) i'm very happy I didn't :)
Jul 30th, 2010, 7:07 am

Guide for ADB HERE
Aug 4th, 2010, 6:39 am
I have the Captivate and I'm in love. Sure, the GPS is a little wonky at times, but other than that this phone just works. I had an HD2 for a couple weeks prior to this (trialed TMoUS, and HATED it), and my old standby for the last year and a half has been an international Samsung Omnia on AT&T, so this is a big step up. I'm with Spinal, now that I've found Mobilism, I'm even more excited about the phone. I have my favorite digital clock widget (HTC Sense), my favorite weather app (Weatherbug elite), my favorite keyboard (HTC), and pocket Uno. With just those things alone, I'd be a happy camper, but add on other various bells and whistles, and this phone really shines. It may sound crazy, but one of the things that excites me most is the standard 3.5mm headphone jack. The Omnia has Samsung's stupid proprietary connector, so having to carry an adapter around if I wanted to listen to music was a huge hassle. I don't have that problem anymore. :D

I don't need all the bs apps that are available for the iPhone... I just need apps that work and keep me entertained on the rare instance I don't feel like browsing the internet, and Android is that. The only thing I feel is missing is a really great calculator app like HiCalc for WinMo and iOS, but that really doesn't have anything to do with the phone itself, so forget that.

Hands down, the best phone I've ever owned.
Aug 4th, 2010, 6:39 am
Aug 4th, 2010, 10:43 pm
Hook/\hzorr wrote:Image

Finally Preorders Start tomorrow: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... ostcount=1

Read whole thread a sales consultant confirms on a internal memo.

YAY!!!
Aug 4th, 2010, 10:43 pm

Aug 8th, 2010, 11:10 pm
Selling my Desire for a Galaxy s now.
Droid incredible and the other new Phones are not made for europe! :(
Aug 8th, 2010, 11:10 pm
Aug 12th, 2010, 6:00 am

Finally Official Release August 31St: http://now.sprint.com/epic4g/?INTCID=AB ... PA:960x320

I got it reserved :)
Aug 12th, 2010, 6:00 am

Aug 31st, 2010, 8:29 pm
Damn, everyone seems to have one... and poor me still stuck on Symbian. After playing with a friend's Galaxy, I wish I could get myself one too :(
Aug 31st, 2010, 8:29 pm
Sep 1st, 2010, 9:53 pm
Got mine a few days ago from CL and saying it's amazing is an understatement :o
Sep 1st, 2010, 9:53 pm

Help mitigate Mobilism's load by donating.
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:02 pm

Well i got my samsung epic 4g galaxy s phone yesterday after work and i love it. Good bye windows mobile! Hello awesome android.

I changed my vote to own it and love it. :)
Sep 1st, 2010, 10:02 pm

Sep 2nd, 2010, 11:46 am
I love my Galaxy S. It's fast, it's responsive, it's sexy as hell and the screen gives me a boner.
The first thing I noticed about this phone was its ability to capture moving frames in 1280x720.
So I did a whole day shooting and editing some footage.
The camera ain't perfect, but it's more than good enough.

It also plays back 720p .mkv files like a champ.
I haven't tried any "live" videos yet, but cartoons (Futurama, South Park etc.) looked almost
like the quality was flawless. I usually use a Futurama episode in 720p to show people how
fucking awesome the screen is, and people are usually surprised.

This is BY FAR one of the best phones on the market right now.

1GHz Processer <--- /thread
Sep 2nd, 2010, 11:46 am

THISISMYSIGNATUREDOYOULIKEIT?