Discuss Android devices here.
Jun 13th, 2019, 6:40 pm
I recently switched from a Samsung galaxy tab A to a fire hd 10 (7th gen) device. I use my fire tablet like an android (meaning I loaded the Google play store app, and use predominantly Google play apps, not Amazon's (or I get the apks from mobilism).

My old Samsung galaxy tabs all had a feature under settings called maintenance, which cleared the cache and freed up space (in a single action); there's nothing like this in the fire tablet though.

Is there an app for this I can use on the fire, that cleans the entire device at once to free up storage, by deleting unnecessary files? If so, is there one that works on both, or do I need one for each (one that cleans Amazon fire stuff, and one that cleans the Google play stuff/apks?) Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm new to this device and still trying to figure things out.
Jun 13th, 2019, 6:40 pm
Jun 14th, 2019, 1:15 pm
I believe it`s in settings - storage somewhere. Was just checking but batter was 1% and shut down. With charge and check again once at work (if work doesn`t get in the way :) )
Jun 14th, 2019, 1:15 pm
Jun 14th, 2019, 7:55 pm
Ok couldn`t find it in mine. Maybe it`s in my daughter`s (2018 edition). But from Google play a simple one similar to Samsung`s is built into "files by google". It`s a file manager made by google and has a built in cleaner.
Jun 14th, 2019, 7:55 pm
Jun 14th, 2019, 8:04 pm
I just installed and tested files by google and it does require a permission (that I`m going to guess will be needed by many cleaners). The permission is usage access and Amazon hides that. But you can get a cool app called activity launcher . High allows access to hidden things that Amazon hides.
Jun 14th, 2019, 8:04 pm
Jun 14th, 2019, 8:05 pm
Install activity launcher. Open. At the too change from recent to all. Wait for population. Scroll down to settings. Open. Scroll to usage access and open. You will see all apps requesting usage access (including files by google) and can toggle on.
Jun 14th, 2019, 8:05 pm
Jun 15th, 2019, 5:58 am
Thank you so much! As soon as you mentioned file manager, i realized file commander has a cleaner; i just never used it on the Samsung bc i used their built in one. Thank you!
Jun 15th, 2019, 5:58 am