Discuss Android apps here.
Mar 25th, 2024, 1:24 am
If you weren't aware Tidal just decided to remove their free subscription in April 2024, so the "Wave" xManager app (which was just Tidal) is going to stop working for users very soon. A lot of people used Tidal for its ability to offline music for listening without Internet. Of course, there are plenty of ways to just download albums (torrents, soulseek, etc) but none of those are really a good replacement for Tidal. I'm curious what Android users who used xManager's Wave are going to switch to for a more elegant solution, so this thread is to discuss that.

REMINDER: This is in the Android Software section, so we're going to try to only talk about Android solutions for the most part.

Possible replacements:
> Murglar 2 -- An attempt to replace Freezer, which has been defunct for years. It tries to allow users to offline and / or download from Deezer. I'm not clear on whether this requires manual user updating of ARLs, however I would suspect that would be needed to continue. I've not verified this as a legitimate malware free option, however it is hosted on GitHub, which is encouraging. The developer appears to be Russian, but provides support in English too, both on GitHub and on a detected Telegram help channel. I have not used this yet personally, so do your own homework before trusting it. It passes a Virus Total check, but I still don't really trust it until someone more knowledgeable than me takes a look at the code and decides it's ok. I know we have some folks here capable of that, so if you are one of those people and feel like having a look at this app, please share your thoughts here.

> Spotube - An app that can be found right on the Play Store, an allows you to link your Spotify playlists into the app. It allows for downloading of your Spotify songs by attempting to find the song on YouTube, and download it that way. I believe I recall that there is a risk of having your Google account banned if you abuse the downloading too much, so proceed with caution. Obviously, this won't be perfect, because it won't match up perfectly from Spotify to YouTube, and quality can be poor sometimes.

> spmp
Similar to Spotube.

> Spowlo
Similar to Spotube.

> Telegram bots
I haven't really found any that pull music directly from Spotify, Deezer or Tidal, so I suspect they basically are doing the same thing as Spotube and the others (downloading from YouTube). If anyone finds a bot that actually grabs music straight from the source, please let me know.

Defunct apps:
> Deezloader
> Freezer
> AIDS

Other non-Android options: (I know, I know, this isn't an Android solution, but I only am mentioning it because someone else might get confused and think it *is* an Android solution.)

> Deemix -- A someone for Windows. This is probably one of the best options out there if you don't need to use Android. I'll let you guys do your own research.

What have I missed?
Are there any offline / download Android apps that work to easily offline and / or download your Tidal, Deezer, or Spotify playlists?
Mar 25th, 2024, 1:24 am
Mar 25th, 2024, 11:33 am
What happened to Deezer? No update since last year
Mar 25th, 2024, 11:33 am
Mar 25th, 2024, 12:06 pm
If you're referring to the patched version of Deezer, it hasn't been able to do Offline music for a while now because of changes Deezer made on the server side.
Mar 25th, 2024, 12:06 pm
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:20 am
You're welcome. I just edited the OP with some additional info. To me it still appears that Murglar is the most likely solution, however I won't install it until I see some feedback from folks who actually know how to make sure apps are clean and aren't doing sketchy stuff. It passes a Virus Total, but I haven't seen nearly enough community feedback to feel comfortable with it yet.
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:20 am
Mar 30th, 2024, 4:11 am
On Telegram I use the Bot called "DeezLoad" to download songs with covers apparently from Deezer servers. It's very good, but sometimes it has limits or you have to wait a few minutes to download another song.
Mar 30th, 2024, 4:11 am
Mar 30th, 2024, 11:47 am
lowfive wrote:If you`re referring to the patched version of Deezer, it hasn`t been able to do Offline music for a while now because of changes Deezer made on the server side.
Take a look at, streamrip by Nathom on GitHub. Really nice piece of software.
https://github.com/nathom/streamrip
Mar 30th, 2024, 11:47 am