Discuss Android apps here.
Mar 21st, 2024, 2:50 am
Wassup! I've been getting my Youtube Revanced Extended from here, but I recently found revanced.net that has it, too, plus it comes with an app that helps keep them up to date.

My questions are:

1. Is it the same thing that mobilism offers?
2. Is it safe from them?
3. If not, what's the difference?

Thanks in advance. :D
Mar 21st, 2024, 2:50 am
Mar 21st, 2024, 8:54 am
Revanced.net is not the real site. Dont use that. revanced.app is the ONLY official site.
Mar 21st, 2024, 8:54 am
Mar 30th, 2024, 8:49 am
Like above said, Revanced.net is NOT the official site. I don't know for sure if it's malware, but the fact that it's posing as a legit site should concern you.
Mar 30th, 2024, 8:49 am
May 7th, 2024, 7:38 am
Rel287 wrote:Like above said, Revanced.net is NOT the official site. I don't know for sure if it's malware, but the fact that it's posing as a legit site should concern you.

It reminds me a lot of KMSpico activator during Windows 8/8.1 days. The front page/top 10 listings on Google were all second hand linkings and usually fradulent. The original software was only linked to from a forum.
May 7th, 2024, 7:38 am
May 19th, 2024, 2:03 pm
Why should I download YT Revanced from here?

For speed/convenience because you don't need to patch it yourself. That's literally the only reason to get a pre-patched apk from here.

revanced.net

Not the official site, do not use. The only official site is revanced.app. You can also get everything you need from their official GitHub github.com/ReVanced. Their GitHub also lists their official site so that's how we know that revanced.app is the real one.

is it the same thing as on Mobilism?

No. Mobilism uploaders provide a pre-made, pre-patched app for your convenience. With Revanced Manager you get more control but it's more technical and takes more time to set up and stuff. You can choose your own patches/features and can patch not just YouTube with Revanced but a plethora of other apps too. That's the difference: getting a Revanced app someone already patched vs patching your own. The Revanced team do NOT provide ready-patched apks, only the Revanced Manager app github.com/ReVanced/revanced-manager which does the patching and their version of MicroG GmsCore github.com/ReVanced/GmsCore for Google account functionality on non-root devices

Revanced Extended

Extended is just additional patches, some of which are experimental and are later added to official Revanced once they're stable, that are provided by another GitHub user (they also work on the official Revanced so they're trustworthy). You can use Extended patches in Revanced Manager by changing a few settings.
May 19th, 2024, 2:03 pm