Discuss Android games here.
Jan 22nd, 2022, 9:34 pm
Hey all,

So first I'll start out by saying I'm new to mobilism, so what I'm describing may be normal but seems a bit fishy.

I downloaded Airport City 3 (the latest one), which has a prompt in Chinese to which I discovered it to update the mod or continue without the update. Catch is, it's expecting me to download an app called "percent app" to get the updated mod with a similar URL to https://a.byfen.com/info/9996.html

Is this normal of mods on this site from symos?

Thanks in advance!
Jan 22nd, 2022, 9:34 pm
Jan 23rd, 2022, 4:27 am
Afaik, it is not. That seems to me as an injected application and might lead to your data being compromised or your system getting virus infected or even encrypted.
Jan 23rd, 2022, 4:27 am
Jan 23rd, 2022, 4:48 am
I checked out the link and it appears clean and also downloaded this app store you mention. Although it comes back clean, this Chinese app you have to download just to get updates to mods has a shocking amount of trackers - 68 to be exact. Try downloading the APK and scan it with Exodus and you will see what I mean. Although Mobilism is safe for the most part, I`ve come to realise you have to make your own judgements whether a download here is worth risking as often you dont get any feedback or if you do they just say the same `false positive` to you even if an APK has come up as malicious by nearly 20 results on virus total. Me personally I wouldn`t touch this with a bargepole. Chinese app stores tend to just download other stuff to your phone without permission and it`s not worth the risk just to get an update from a game.
Jan 23rd, 2022, 4:48 am
Jan 23rd, 2022, 2:17 pm
This is why I was reaching out, it seemed suspect to me but the provider has been on here for more than a year. I too am weary of third party stuff and the risk to reward of this seems high considering I don't know what it's going to install down the line.

It's sort of bad considering the amount of good games have been released by this person, but I suppose I'll just install without the update. I was hoping the creator would chime in, but I suppose I'll just play carefully.
Jan 23rd, 2022, 2:17 pm
Jan 23rd, 2022, 8:15 pm
ReaperPrime1979 wrote:This is why I was reaching out, it seemed suspect to me but the provider has been on here for more than a year. I too am weary of third party stuff and the risk to reward of this seems high considering I don`t know what it`s going to install down the line.

It`s sort of bad considering the amount of good games have been released by this person, but I suppose I`ll just install without the update. I was hoping the creator would chime in, but I suppose I`ll just play carefully.
There are up-to-date mods on other sites as I`ve just checked some of them out but it looks like you can never connect to internet as it`s instant ban. If you can play solely without internet then it might be worth your while pursuing. Whatever this Chinese app store does to mod this game I don`t even want to think about it.
Jan 23rd, 2022, 8:15 pm
Jan 24th, 2022, 1:32 am
Just in case anyone reads this and wants to risk downloading this Chinese app store to update this mod, I've tested installing it inside a VM app with data and WiFi turned off. This Chinese app store is a clone of another Chinese app store called ccplay which has very dangerous mods on it. In fact Google won't even allow you to visit their website on chrome without you verifying twice you understand the risks. Do not attempt to install this Chinese app store as there's no telling what it will silently install to your phone.
Jan 24th, 2022, 1:32 am