Applications on your home screen, mostly widgets
May 12th, 2024, 6:08 pm
nrhtx wrote:I have noticed with this version. My screen freezes. And the only way out is to press the power button.
On the previous version 8.0.16 this did not happened at all.

Currently using Pixel 8 pro with the May 5th, 2024 update built number AP1A.240505.004

both my pixel 6 and pixel 8Ppro have small issues with nova.
( not so bad i need to use the power button, just short freezes and hiccups)

you would think google devices would be the most compatible, but cutting edge is more important to google then stability it seems

.16 is better for me also.
May 12th, 2024, 6:08 pm

Pirates were the first democratic organization in the new world.
May 12th, 2024, 6:41 pm
My pixel 8 pro has had the freezing issue on .17 and .16 . Usually have to hit the power button to unfreeze. A little frustrating, never had this issue on v7
May 12th, 2024, 6:41 pm
May 12th, 2024, 10:56 pm
Request for help!

I used to know how to create folders, add apps to folders on home screen (currently have two), but cannot seem to now. When I attempt to add an app to another to create a folder, the app overwrites the existing. Has the versions changed this functionality?

Thanks in advance.
May 12th, 2024, 10:56 pm

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
May 13th, 2024, 3:41 am
Ausknight wrote:Request for help!

I used to know how to create folders, add apps to folders on home screen (currently have two), but cannot seem to now. When I attempt to add an app to another to create a folder, the app overwrites the existing. Has the versions changed this functionality?

Thanks in advance.

When you create a folder, there is an option to start the first app in the folder with the swipe up or with the single click. In either case, the icon image for the folder will become the icon image of the first app

So long press the folder icon and select to edit the folder to whatever you want. ie by removing activate the first app, and the folder icon will revert to the old multi app icon
May 13th, 2024, 3:41 am
May 17th, 2024, 5:07 pm
Can we have a lite version to speed up slow phones please
May 17th, 2024, 5:07 pm
May 18th, 2024, 3:46 pm
this version cannot create backup from nova settings. i am doing fresh install, configured everything from scratch.
but when i tap backup and restore inside nova settings it just straight crash.
device: xiaomi redmi note 10 pro
May 18th, 2024, 3:46 pm
May 18th, 2024, 4:27 pm
oktavimark wrote:this version cannot create backup from nova settings. i am doing fresh install, configured everything from scratch.

Try giving it permission to storage? It saves internally first and then you have to "Share" the saved file to another app eg. Solid Explorer.
May 18th, 2024, 4:27 pm
May 18th, 2024, 5:56 pm
justme007 wrote:Try giving it permission to storage? It saves internally first and then you have to "Share" the saved file to another app eg. Solid Explorer.

No such permisson for storage.
Only these: calendar, contacts, location, music and audio, notifications, phone, photos and videos.
No storage or full access request.
May 18th, 2024, 5:56 pm
May 19th, 2024, 4:25 pm
oktavimark wrote:this version cannot create backup from nova settings. i am doing fresh install, configured everything from scratch.

Yes, for me crashing aswell. But.. install latest from Balatan 8.0.18 and export/import is fixed.
May 19th, 2024, 4:25 pm
May 21st, 2024, 10:49 am
ashmedai wrote:Yes, for me crashing aswell. But.. install latest from Balatan 8.0.18 and export/import is fixed.

uh sorry i have tried installing that and it's also crashing.
May 21st, 2024, 10:49 am
May 21st, 2024, 8:42 pm
Anyone have an issue where Nova folders on the home screen, or the app drawer, won't open after you connect/disconnect from an Android Auto session? I have to blindly run Nova Settings and 'restart' every time after using Android Auto
May 21st, 2024, 8:42 pm
May 21st, 2024, 11:48 pm

Yes it can make Backups I have just made one now to test it and it work will.
May 21st, 2024, 11:48 pm

Samsung:
S24plus + 256gb Android 14.
Samsung Tab S.
Android TV Box x2.
Galaxy Watch 4.
May 22nd, 2024, 12:04 am
Is there a way to make this mod version install alongside the paid version? I've owned the paid version for as long as this has been about but I want on my tablet to run a version that has landscape settings, even if I have to launch it separately. I did email the dev to ask for different settings for landscape/portrait modes but said they had no plans but had been passed on to the team, I have tried app cloners but it's all just too messy and awkward to have to have multiple copies of an app to run landscape.

Thanks.
May 22nd, 2024, 12:04 am

Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra 128gb
Samsung Z Flip 4 128gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch Pro 5
May 22nd, 2024, 3:49 am

No such problem creating backups . . . haven't encountered any sort of crash/freeze, either — might be some kind of cross-compatibility issue specific to your ROM or maybe even device. ;)
May 22nd, 2024, 3:49 am