Releases with more than one application from different categories
Sep 27th, 2011, 3:50 am
Aren't these games supposed to be coming to Tegra?
Sep 27th, 2011, 3:50 am

Please buy the paid app if you like it!
Sep 27th, 2011, 12:32 pm
cartsu17 wrote:Aren't these games supposed to be coming to Tegra?

No, only Playstation Certified devices. That said some future certified devices may be Tegra based, but still requires the certification to work. They don't have any touch screen control built in.
Sep 27th, 2011, 12:32 pm
Sep 27th, 2011, 7:21 pm
RogueLeader wrote:

No, only Playstation Certified devices. That said some future certified devices may be Tegra based, but still requires the certification to work. They don't have any touch screen control built in.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/11/play ... coming-to/

Not according to this. These games aren't going to be Xperia Play exclusive. From more recent news, it appears this project is slated for release sometime around December of this year, and there is no mention of a hardware controller requirement.
Sep 27th, 2011, 7:21 pm

Sep 28th, 2011, 4:37 am
cartsu17 wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/11/play ... coming-to/

Not according to this. These games aren't going to be Xperia Play exclusive. From more recent news, it appears this project is slated for release sometime around December of this year, and there is no mention of a hardware controller requirement.

Read that article closely, first off its from March, its old. Secondly it says the Tegra Devices will need to be Playstation Certified to work with it (Currently only the Xperia Play, S1 and P tablets). The article even says "don't expect it to work on your Xoom". That said, Sony's new S1 tablet is Tegra 2 based. And yes the system will have touch controls built in, however the version of the emulator used here to create these doesn't have those controls from what the dev can tell.

Basically to get these on to a Tegra device thats not Playstation certified will likely require a modification to the build.prop on the device at a minimum, but I'm sure theres more to it.
Sep 28th, 2011, 4:37 am
Sep 28th, 2011, 10:40 pm
RogueLeader wrote:Read that article closely, first off its from March, its old. Secondly it says the Tegra Devices will need to be Playstation Certified to work with it (Currently only the Xperia Play, S1 and P tablets). The article even says "don't expect it to work on your Xoom". That said, Sony's new S1 tablet is Tegra 2 based. And yes the system will have touch controls built in, however the version of the emulator used here to create these doesn't have those controls from what the dev can tell.

Basically to get these on to a Tegra device thats not Playstation certified will likely require a modification to the build.prop on the device at a minimum, but I'm sure theres more to it.

Please understand that I do not mean to insult here.
I have read this article multiple times, and in fact remember when it first was written. I know the date. However, the PS Suite is slated for a December release to select Tegra devices. In addition, it does not say "don't expect it to work on your Xoom". To add such quotes as if you were quoting an article is entirely unethical. It does say however: " so don't go assuming that your Xoom will necessarily get the PlayStation Certified badge". It basically says that the Xoom will not necessarily get the PS Suite, not that it will not be for the Xoom. The emulators posted here are for Xperia Play, I realize this, but the future emulators will support touch input.
Sep 28th, 2011, 10:40 pm

Sep 29th, 2011, 1:50 am
cartsu17 wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:Read that article closely, first off its from March, its old. Secondly it says the Tegra Devices will need to be Playstation Certified to work with it (Currently only the Xperia Play, S1 and P tablets). The article even says "don't expect it to work on your Xoom". That said, Sony's new S1 tablet is Tegra 2 based. And yes the system will have touch controls built in, however the version of the emulator used here to create these doesn't have those controls from what the dev can tell.

Please understand that I do not mean to insult here.
I have read this article multiple times, and in fact remember when it first was written. I know the date. However, the PS Suite is slated for a December release to select Tegra devices. In addition, it does not say "don't expect it to work on your Xoom". To add such quotes as if you were quoting an article is entirely unethical. It does say however: " so don't go assuming that your Xoom will necessarily get the PlayStation Certified badge". It basically says that the Xoom will not necessarily get the PS Suite, not that it will not be for the Xoom. The emulators posted here are for Xperia Play, I realize this, but the future emulators will support touch input.

I apologize if I came off as standoffish, I did not mean to. Probably what happens when I am posting early in the morning and anticipating having to leave for work (kill me). However being an Xperia Play owner I have been all over every bit of info we can get on the PS Suite as its the "killer app" for the phone. Over on xda developers everyone has been following everything. There has been nothing that has indicated to me that the PS Suite will be released for general Tegra phones. All that Sony has said is anything Playstation Certified will be able to access it, and that the hardware certification is open to other manufacturers. Based on the fact the certification has been out since the Play's release early this year, and no devices other than the Play, S1, and P have it, I doubt any current devices will get it. That doesn't mean future non-Sony Tegra 2 based devices won't have this, but as the article says, "don't go assuming that your Xoom will necessarily get the PlayStation Certified badge". Sorry I paraphrased it, but what I wrote caught the same meaning, its not unethical, its a message board posting. And yes I was wrong about the touch input in my first post I don't know why I typed that because of course, I know that the S1 and P both don't have physical buttons.

So what I am saying is, based on everything I've read, don't expect any existing hardware to be compatible with it, but its possible future non-Sony hardware will be. That said, I'm sure once more examples of games and Sony tablets are in peoples hands, someone will figure out how to force it to work anyway, just like people use Chainfire 3D to run Tegra games on non-Tegra devices.
Sep 29th, 2011, 1:50 am
Sep 29th, 2011, 3:38 am
I think Im drawing the December date from this article: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Walkman-Z10 ... 12510.html

I am a current DROID X2 owner and am hoping for a PS suite release on the device, as I know it can run it power-wise.
Sep 29th, 2011, 3:38 am

Sep 29th, 2011, 4:32 am
cartsu17 wrote:I think Im drawing the December date from this article: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Walkman-Z10 ... 12510.html

I am a current DROID X2 owner and am hoping for a PS suite release on the device, as I know it can run it power-wise.

Ohh absolutely. PSOne games are nowhere near the graphical quality of anything Gameloft or EA puts out thats on the Play now, or anything Tegra 2. The Xperia Play barely breaks a sweat playing any of these PSOne games. However the content of both articles seems to be just assumptions, especially because they can easily be taken differently to assume the more likely scenario of Sony keeping their games exclusive to their own devices (Devices that the newer ones are Tegra 2 based).

That said, as I mentioned before, I'm SURE someone will find a way around this, I would say if your Droid is rooted you would need to change the build.prop, and then theres probably some other device check or system file thats needed. Its only a matter of time before someone figures it out.
Sep 29th, 2011, 4:32 am
Oct 7th, 2011, 1:14 pm
Great work man. Gratz...

Can you upload Brave Fence Musashi again?
Oct 7th, 2011, 1:14 pm
Oct 7th, 2011, 1:19 pm
This is probably a stupid question...but I'm rather new to Android..

What is a "certified" device? I am running the PS1 emulator...will that do? If not, how does one get their device "certified"?
Oct 7th, 2011, 1:19 pm
Oct 8th, 2011, 1:28 am
update the game please..

thanks
Oct 8th, 2011, 1:28 am
Oct 8th, 2011, 10:00 am
Seems Sony have updated their emulator in update 2.3.4 for the Play, so I guess these won't work any more.?
Oct 8th, 2011, 10:00 am
Oct 9th, 2011, 6:07 am
BRIMS7ON3 wrote:This is probably a stupid question...but I'm rather new to Android..

What is a "certified" device? I am running the PS1 emulator...will that do? If not, how does one get their device "certified"?

Devices that have been released with the Playstation Certification. Specifically the only ones on the market right now are the Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY cellphone, and the Sony S1 and P tablets.

No the PS1 emulator won't play these, nor will any phone other than the Xperia Play.
Oct 9th, 2011, 6:07 am
Oct 9th, 2011, 6:26 am
Is there somthing for example like a Tool which simulate my Samsung Galaxy S2 into a Playstation Certified devices ?

Edit: Or maybe something like a "Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY Emulator"
Oct 9th, 2011, 6:26 am

Old School Member since Sep 20, 2008 at 6:16 pm
Oct 9th, 2011, 2:53 pm
dahood wrote:Is there somthing for example like a Tool which simulate my Samsung Galaxy S2 into a Playstation Certified devices ?

Edit: Or maybe something like a "Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY Emulator"

No, but thats what we were discussing in the posts above. It seems that theres more that 1 thing involved in what identifies it as a PS Certified device. The easiest one to change is the build.prop file, however you need to be rooted to do that. On xda developers someone discovered a certain system program that runs as well that in theory seems to allow the games to run. However noone has gone further than that and I haven't heard of anyone trying yet. For all we know that program may look for certain hardware or something which would prevent it form working on another device anyway.

Also I must say with the number of buttons involved I would imagine some games would be nearly unplayable on a small screen with touch controls, but thats why the tablets OTOH work for it.
Oct 9th, 2011, 2:53 pm