Dec 16th, 2012, 10:17 am
This may be a dumb question but is the uk and ireland package the same with different maps or a different apk altogether?

Eg Can uk maps be used with this apk?

Thanks in advance
Dec 16th, 2012, 10:17 am
Dec 17th, 2012, 1:39 pm
Superman20 wrote:
HBK wrote:I force closed 1.01 from settings and flushed the cache, before deleting the app. Kept the maps. Rebooted, installed the new apk and everything worked just fine.

Hi,

I've been spending countless hours trying to get it to work but no luck. I keep getting ''cant connect to servers''. I'm not rooted.
This is my first install (I had no previous versions)

Can you please write step by step how you got yours to work (i.e. where do you put the metadata and maps data, what folders to make)

Thanks

Using Note 2 too, but the 3G version. I only get the connection issue, if there is no "tomtom" folder with the maps on either the internal or external storage. Make sure you have the complete path of "\tomtom\com.tomtom.weurope\files" on your storage. Just unpack and copy everything into a "tomtom" folder on your device, not messing with the folder structure, and you should be ok.

If you still have issues, perhaps something went wrong during your download, with map files being messed up? Try redownloading maps or better yet, get them from another source. I believe these maps are from an older 1.0.1 version anyway, so you don't need to hunt for a 1.1 download.
Dec 17th, 2012, 1:39 pm
Dec 19th, 2012, 2:30 am
I finally got it working on my HTC One S by following these steps guys:

When you've placed your map in /mnt/sdcard/tomtom/ with the APK and you installed it, create a file called .metadata.xml (don't forget the dot in the name!) and paste this into it:
Code: Select all<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<santorinicontent>
<contentlist>
<bundle>
<bundleid>com.tomtom.weurope</bundleid>
<content_version>4</content_version>
<min_app_version>1</min_app_version>
<download>
<url location="file://mnt/sdcard/tomtom/com.tomtom.weurope"/>
</download>
<size>2820587070</size>
</bundle>
</contentlist>
</santorinicontent>

Save it and try to launch TomTom, it worked for me!
Dec 19th, 2012, 2:30 am
Dec 21st, 2012, 12:47 pm
Worked like a charm on first run on Galaxy Nexus,
first create "tomtom" directory in /mnt/sdcard/ then copy all content to /mnt/sdcard/tomtom/

then create the .metadata.xml file as instructed above and place it in the same dir where the directory "files" is (in my case /mnt/tomtom/com.tomtom.weurope)

this is my xml file, very similar to the one of ipefix

Code: Select all<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<santorinicontent>
  <contentlist>
    <bundle>
      <bundleid>com.tomtom.weurope</bundleid>
      <content_version>4</content_version>
      <min_app_version>1</min_app_version>
      <download>
        <url location="file://mnt/sdcard/tomtom/com.tomtom.weurope"/>
      </download>
      <size>493127594</size>