Oct 9th, 2012, 4:10 am
kaltorak wrote:The apk in OP does not work, but the one in post 5 -does- so thank you.

I downloaded map data with the OP's apk, then installed the other (ucc.apk) over it and it's working fine. (HTC Evo 4G LTE - ICS 4.0.3 - rooted, stock rom)

---

And yes, in landscape view i also have the huge blue volume box. Very distracting, I hope they fix this in future versions. But thank you to whoever created the fixed apk in post 5 - I would've been very annoyed to download the map data only to discover it doesn't work! P.S. If ANYONE can figure out how to disable the volume box from the driving view (or at least somehow make it smaller!) Please let us know! Maybe it requires editing the apk itself, and/or fixing the smali code or whatever... Well, thanks in advance!

That blue box is not just for volume, it's the directions box. All driving instructions (turn left, right, lane assist, distance till next turn) are all display in that box.
Oct 9th, 2012, 4:10 am

MB Slogan:
If it's not a lemon, somebody else built it.
Oct 9th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Just installed on Galaxy Note (v4.0.4) and downloaded 2.4GB of maps.
All seems to work just fine. Still have to test it in real life driving. Little bit weird - while you are in navigation mode you cannot scroll/move map unless you tap the screen and tap View map. Only THEN you can move whole map left/right/up/down.

So far I tried:
- OsmAnd+ - it has very detailed maps of my area but navigation sucks big time! Very annoying 'keep slightly right' announcement every few minutes. Once it even suggested I do U-turn even though map showed route correctly (no U). Created some ridiculous route to local Lowe's... But has the most informational maps with plenty of color.
- Navigon - Navigation is OK. Maps are sort of dull but it does the work. Try India English. What a blast!!!! It does not recognize Ave as Avenue and pronounce it as A-V-E - spells it out.
- TomTom - have to test but it looks similar as dedicated GPSR units. Shows street names you are passing by or crossing. Has simulation mode.

So far I believe dedicated dedicated GPSR is the best choice.
Oct 9th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Oct 10th, 2012, 2:14 am
neverlift wrote:
AngelDeath wrote:though one thing I dont like is the overgrown Blue box in landscape mode, portrait mode its fine at the bottom of the screen, but in landscape mode, eesh, going to give it a test run though

Yeah what's up with that nasty blue box? Is it in the retail version of this app?

Gave it a test run, and honestly that blue box just uses up to much screen realestate. Had to unloaded it before it even got much of a chance just for that reason, thanks anyways to the OP.
Oct 10th, 2012, 2:14 am

Android....is there another option?
Oct 14th, 2012, 2:10 am
installs perfect, but as soon as I click 'yes' on the welcome screen, it forces close/ (& yes, I re-started & re-installed)
neone ne ideas?
btw, verizon galaxys3
Oct 14th, 2012, 2:10 am
Oct 14th, 2012, 2:28 pm
Hello, before I try it, do you know if you can have maps of your state only like Sygic and not have 2.4GB of useless for me data all the time?
Thanks!!
Oct 14th, 2012, 2:28 pm
Oct 15th, 2012, 3:36 pm
I do not think it is compatible YET with the high res screen you have.

StarCaller wrote:installs perfect, but as soon as I click 'yes' on the welcome screen, it forces close/ (& yes, I re-started & re-installed)
neone ne ideas?
btw, verizon galaxys3
Oct 15th, 2012, 3:36 pm
Oct 15th, 2012, 3:38 pm
By default NO, it is the 2.4GB map file.
I am also looking for a hack that would allow for that feature

boricua111111 wrote:Hello, before I try it, do you know if you can have maps of your state only like Sygic and not have 2.4GB of useless for me data all the time?
Thanks!!
Oct 15th, 2012, 3:38 pm
Oct 18th, 2012, 7:33 pm
Downloaded and installed the apk from the latest link. It says can't connect to TomTom. Tried later -- no go. Useless, uninstalling. Besides, I'm not sure it can compare to CoPilot with Live Traffic.
Oct 18th, 2012, 7:33 pm
Oct 19th, 2012, 12:18 pm
WARNING from navitotal : TomTom is now actively blocking the 'fixed' apps from downloading any required maps and voice files. You will get an error about being unable to connect to TomTom servers if you try.
If you have not already downloaded, installed, and downloaded the Maps required for any of the 'fixed' APKs prior to October 16, 2012, you have kinda missed the boat. Sorry.
If you already currently have the Navigation working on your device, do not perform any action within it that would connect it (or try to connect it) to a TomTom server...to do so may eventually disable the App completely.
Oct 19th, 2012, 12:18 pm
Oct 21st, 2012, 3:06 pm
gg123 wrote:WARNING from navitotal : TomTom is now actively blocking the 'fixed' apps from downloading any required maps and voice files. You will get an error about being unable to connect to TomTom servers if you try.
If you have not already downloaded, installed, and downloaded the Maps required for any of the 'fixed' APKs prior to October 16, 2012, you have kinda missed the boat. Sorry.
If you already currently have the Navigation working on your device, do not perform any action within it that would connect it (or try to connect it) to a TomTom server...to do so may eventually disable the App completely.

Is this something where if someone who did have the maps uploaded them, those of us that missed the boat could get it working?
Oct 21st, 2012, 3:06 pm

My links work with the premium downloader! No Waiting! Support Mobilism today! Details at: http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1533
Oct 23rd, 2012, 4:47 am
Doesn't matter. I had this since day one and just found out they blocked it.

Worked perfect before too, so it sucks.

Tried DroidWall to block the connection altogether, but says "No network connection detected, please try again."

We need a version that reroutes the IP address to go to another server as opposed to theirs. Or route it to localhost or something.

Anyone up for the challenge to make it work again? As of right now, I'm gonna delete it - taking up 1/3 of my sd card as totally useless data.

Anyone know an app that monitors outgoing dns requests? Maybe figure out what IP it's trying to connect to, and reroute it that way? (Just thinking out loud)
Oct 23rd, 2012, 4:47 am

Oct 25th, 2012, 5:21 am
kaltorak wrote:Doesn't matter. I had this since day one and just found out they blocked it.

Worked perfect before too, so it sucks.

Tried DroidWall to block the connection altogether, but says "No network connection detected, please try again."

We need a version that reroutes the IP address to go to another server as opposed to theirs. Or route it to localhost or something.

Anyone up for the challenge to make it work again? As of right now, I'm gonna delete it - taking up 1/3 of my sd card as totally useless data.

Anyone know an app that monitors outgoing dns requests? Maybe figure out what IP it's trying to connect to, and reroute it that way? (Just thinking out loud)

If you get the SDcard DATA it will work, they only blocked downloading the maps.
Oct 25th, 2012, 5:21 am
Oct 25th, 2012, 4:29 pm
Hi guys...can you please give me some instructions to where (directory location format) that I should put the SD Data files? I tried putting it on the sdcard.....SDCARD\tomtom it didn't work...still says cannot connect.

thanks a lot for your help.
Oct 25th, 2012, 4:29 pm
Oct 26th, 2012, 3:50 pm
war1000 wrote:Hi guys...can you please give me some instructions to where (directory location format) that I should put the SD Data files? I tried putting it on the sdcard.....SDCARD\tomtom it didn't work...still says cannot connect.

thanks a lot for your help.

Me too.
Oct 26th, 2012, 3:50 pm
Oct 26th, 2012, 9:03 pm
Tomtom had blocked all the connection. You need to get the full map data (about 2.3G) to put into you sdcard.
Oct 26th, 2012, 9:03 pm