Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:48 am
cor wrote:
ascot17 wrote:Successfully working on HTC One S. The instructions are a bit vague however. This is what I did for the UK/Ireland version. (The tomtom folder will have a different name with different maps).

Unpack the rar using 7zip. Then:

1) Copy the .apk file to the root of your SD card

2) Install the app from the apk.

3) Run the app. This will create a folder on the root of your SD card called com.tomtom.ukireland

4) Open this folder and delete the entire contents.

5) Copy the 'metadata.xml' file and the 'files' folder from your download and place in com.tomtom.ukireland

6) Run the app again.

Doesn't work on Galaxy Tab P3100 (No Maps)

Restart your phone/tablet. i received the same eror, but the aplication was running in background. efter restar was working.
Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:48 am
Feb 8th, 2013, 9:33 am
Does anyone know where I can find a torrent of this? The download site sucks
Feb 8th, 2013, 9:33 am
Feb 10th, 2013, 10:20 pm
Thank you for contributing! Much appreciated! ;)

I an still to test. Is there any new advice and/or warnings during installation?

Cheers! :D
Feb 10th, 2013, 10:20 pm

Version+Name
1: Cupcake / Donut; 2: Eclair / Froyo / Gingerbread
3: Honeycomb; 4: Ice Cream SW / JellyBean / KitKat
5: Lolipop; 6: Marshmallow; 7: Nougat; 8: Oreo; 9: Pie
10: Quince Tart; 11: Red Velvet Cake; 12: Snow Cone
13: Tiramisu; 14: Upside-down Cake; 15: Vanilla Ice Cream
Feb 13th, 2013, 11:11 am
Hi all, I installed this on my Galaxy S2, and to be honest, I don't really need it. The thing is, now I can't uninstall it from my phone. It doesn't appear in my app manager. Does anyone have any ideas on how to completely remove it?
Many thanks in advance
Feb 13th, 2013, 11:11 am
Feb 14th, 2013, 1:35 am
llbad wrote:Does anyone know where I can find a torrent of this? The download site sucks

You are not kidding!! I cannot even find a working link in the many pages that appear from these awful links. Once again a bogus fileserver site is chosen!

The links on page 5 of this thread are working - sweet - thanks. ;)
Feb 14th, 2013, 1:35 am
Feb 14th, 2013, 4:22 am
METADATA.XML is actually ".metadata.xml".

You can't copy this under Windows! Windows doesn't work with filenames that start with "."

I could not get this to work (the map display was yellow) until I realised the .metadata.xml file was one Windows cannot deal with. The leading period is an Android thing and Windows cannot display or copy this filename format.

The way around it is to open the RAR file you've downloaded, and the device window (usb connected), and drag the TomTom folder directly from the rar window to the device window. You can also copy the RAR file to the sdcard and open it with the device assuming you've got a zip/rar unzipper app installed.
Feb 14th, 2013, 4:22 am
Feb 16th, 2013, 5:31 pm
Down loaded and installed as per the instructions without a problem on a Xoom through Windows.

Removed it after a short while as the interface has been designed with little regard to tablets. Switched back to Copilot.
Feb 16th, 2013, 5:31 pm
Feb 17th, 2013, 6:15 am
can't get any U.S.A links to work. Says I'm getting a "502 bad gateway".
Feb 17th, 2013, 6:15 am
Feb 17th, 2013, 11:02 am
Hi
Can I get Maps for Saudi Arabia
Feb 17th, 2013, 11:02 am
Feb 17th, 2013, 11:32 am
nerz wrote:can't get any U.S.A links to work. Says I'm getting a "502 bad gateway".

linksave server fixed.. working again
Feb 17th, 2013, 11:32 am

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Feb 19th, 2013, 1:51 pm
Help.
After installing TomTom Eastern Europe I started the program as a guide.
Now I have a problem the program does not want to close only with the application task killer.
Next all I had downloaded from the Internet unpacked and copied to the card but tomtom start and still nothing in the background as you work.
I tried again to install TomTom and doing but it will not make me a new Folder TomTom as when first installed.

Problem solved.TomTom uninstalled and obviously incorrect files deleted.
I turned off the cell phone and then turned back again TomTom installed and that's now all was fine.
Copied content from Eastern Europe and launched TomTom.TomTom works.
Feb 19th, 2013, 1:51 pm

Nur fair sein,nicht mehr und nicht weniger.
Feb 24th, 2013, 4:52 pm
nitromax wrote:
stevezx636 wrote:Installed on Note 2, Uk maps working perfect!

Now just need to find out how to get Speed Cameras on and working.

Still this version is miles behind iOS, TOMTOM need to update this version, same price as iOS!!

Where do you purchase Speed Cameras, TomTom shop only showing HD Traffic, no camera option? Cheers

I copied the old speed cam files that I had for the windows base tomtom (TT_Nav_7.450.9028) which was for an HTC HD and the speed cam shows up, I just copied it to the United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland folder.

Only problem I have is the speed files are broken down into 20MPH, 30MPH, 40MPH etc speed cams, but the bmp pictures for the speed cameras are not showing the correct image, just a red dot. can anyone help me with this then we should be able to have any POI on android tomtom

You have to put all the individual icons into the same map folder and they will show up properly.
It looks like you are the using pocketgpsworld data for camera types.
If they are downloaded from pocketgpsword they come complete with the icons which are individually named to match the zoned camera types.
I hope that helps you.
Feb 24th, 2013, 4:52 pm
Feb 26th, 2013, 3:54 am
Installed US_Canada according to post #4, worked like a charm on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and an Xperia Neo.
Feb 26th, 2013, 3:54 am
Feb 27th, 2013, 11:13 pm
Does this TomTom have live traffic and speed cams?
Feb 27th, 2013, 11:13 pm