Role playing and quest games
May 8th, 2010, 11:30 am
hoanzlmann wrote:
kolombok wrote:"Screen resolution isnt supported" on my touch pro 2, LAME.

get a prog called "wvgafix4" posted by cotulla at xda-dev - with that you can change screen resolutions. it works with my hd2, probably for other wvga devices too.

Yes, that fix work for Omnia 2 too. Only thing was that the start menu don't really work.

The game is great! Gonna be spending many hours on it. I still can't quite understand the map and forget to save often.
May 8th, 2010, 11:30 am
May 13th, 2010, 3:46 pm
JuBond wrote:Landscape mode on TP2, HD2, X1 (800x480) etc IS supported, it just takes a few tricks to make it work. I wrote up a post on how to do this over on xda-devs. Here's a link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=630684&highlight=quest

Nothing like playing the quest full screen on an HD2 :D

..yea, nothing like that!!

Thanks for this info! Would be interested how this works and why it is not possible to change screen res and just play it..

regards
hoanzl
May 13th, 2010, 3:46 pm
May 27th, 2010, 6:44 am
The Quest supports 800x480, but NOT 480x800... which is why you have to rotate to landscape before starting it. The 800x480 resolution mode was programed in for some HP PPC which didn't have a portrait mode.

Here's another fun trick: You can download the iphone version of the quest from this site, and use that main quest database with your windows mobile version. It gives you a couple bug fixes, and 2 or 3 new quests and a couple new areas to explore. I think the iphone version is 5.0 GOLD or something like that. Its been a few months since I did all this. Basically, download it from the iphone section, and open the apple container file that you download. I believe I was able to just use a current version of winrar to open it. Once inside, you will find both an updated main quest database, and an updated expansion pack database. Copy those two files over your existing ones on your windows mobile phone, and your all set. You don't need any other files. I've tested this and it works 100 percent. I've played all the new content, with zero problems. Enjoy the new areas. :D

If anyone has problems with this, I could be swayed to write up step by step instructions.
May 27th, 2010, 6:44 am
May 27th, 2010, 4:02 pm
JuBond wrote:Here's another fun trick: You can download the iphone version of the quest from this site, and use that main quest database with your windows mobile version. It gives you a couple bug fixes, and 2 or 3 new quests and a couple new areas to explore. I think the iphone version is 5.0 GOLD or something like that. Its been a few months since I did all this. Basically, download it from the iphone section, and open the apple container file that you download. I believe I was able to just use a current version of winrar to open it. Once inside, you will find both an updated main quest database, and an updated expansion pack database. Copy those two files over your existing ones on your windows mobile phone, and your all set. You don't need any other files. I've tested this and it works 100 percent. I've played all the new content, with zero problems. Enjoy the new areas. :D

Yea, i found this too..
I didn't notice the bug fixes though, seems that I'm not very attentive player 8)

What is really interesting, you can get the expansions only released for iphone (and there will be more in the future..) and do the same trick as juBond explained - then put the "expansion name".pdb file into your quest folder. Check them out on the iphone section...

regards,
hoanzl
May 27th, 2010, 4:02 pm
May 30th, 2010, 4:10 pm
hi everybody.
i 've created a character like god, all skills, attributes and abilities are to the MAX.
The character is also a millionaire in money.
It was saved in the beggining of the game so you won't miss anything of the story.
Here is the savegame , just put it inside your game folder and overwrite the existing if there is. Open the game and select YES to open the autosaved game.

If you played the game before, you'll lose the save on exit you did. If you want to keep the previously played game, just save it in a slot 1-4.

Code: Select allhttp://rapidshare.com/files/393299351/TheQuestSave0.pdb.html
May 30th, 2010, 4:10 pm
May 31st, 2010, 1:55 pm
accept wrote:hi everybody.
i 've created a character like god, all skills, attributes and abilities are to the MAX.
The character is also a millionaire in money.
It was saved in the beggining of the game so you won't miss anything of the story.
Here is the savegame , just put it inside your game folder and overwrite the existing if there is. Open the game and select YES to open the autosaved game.

Hey, if u want to have fun with this excellent game, don't do this. Believe me, it will be boring.

If you think the game is too hard, then better only raise the amount of money, so that you can buy a lot of full healing potions and the best weapons - it will be easier, but still you keep sort of balance of your character.
May 31st, 2010, 1:55 pm
Jun 1st, 2010, 3:47 pm
I love this game! Works fine on my x51v! thanks for the upload!
Jun 1st, 2010, 3:47 pm
Jun 1st, 2010, 5:19 pm
rambell wrote:Yes, that fix work for Omnia 2 too. Only thing was that the start menu don't really work.

The same problem applies not only to main menu but to the entire game on my Omnia 2 - layout of "clickable" areas seems to be in portrait mode while the game is displayed in landscape which makes it completely unplayable :( Any idea how to fix it?
Jun 1st, 2010, 5:19 pm
Jun 2nd, 2010, 9:17 pm
hoanzlmann wrote:You fill find this interesting..

Redshift released several expansions for iphone which aren't available for ppc...

But please support the developers! You can donate them on their homepage http://www.redshift.hu
They deserve it - for designing one of the best ppc games

thanks
hoanzl

This is actually not correct in several senses.
1) Redshift released only one expansion: Fire & Ice, all others are made by a different company, Zarista Games
2) All expansions for The Quest, independent of the developer, are available for PPC. There are more Quest expansions than on iPhone market and you can find them at
http://zaristagames.com

So if you willing to donate or buy expansions for PPC - you don't need to transport them from iPhone, they are readily available.

All the best!
Jun 2nd, 2010, 9:17 pm
Mar 8th, 2011, 9:29 pm
There are always new expansions coming out - check them on www.catacomber.com and www.zaristagames.com !!
some of them for free, some for max. 2 bucks...so u don't loose anything buying them...
and all of them great quality, fun and hours of intense RPG
well that's just my opinion...

have fun..
Mar 8th, 2011, 9:29 pm
Feb 24th, 2012, 8:26 am
Hello
Does anybody have the Pc version of the quest v 1.04 ? I like the game so much that I would like to play it on my pc. My smartphone is not working. Please help
Feb 24th, 2012, 8:26 am