eBook releases with expired links will be moved to the recycle bin soon if links are not updated.
Nov 5th, 2019, 4:03 pm
what to do if OP's links are dead but OP will not repost?
Nov 5th, 2019, 4:03 pm
Nov 5th, 2019, 4:10 pm
Brokkenn wrote:what to do if OP's links are dead but OP will not repost?

New links requests
  • Please PM the ORIGINAL POSTER (OP) with re-up requests. DO NOT use the report button for dead links. The reports area is restricted to staff only, posters cannot see reports.
  • If you don't get a reply from the OP within a maximum of 3 days, you can post in the topic explaining that you sent a PM and received no response, or report to a moderator. More info here: eBook Forum Etiquette
    • Note to OPs: ignoring re-up request is equal to ignoring the rules and therefore a punishable offence.
    • Note to Users: only one request per user per day to the same poster is acceptable, more than that is considered spamming

• If the Original Poster is no longer active or banned (see profile) or not replacing links as per the signature, post in the topic (e.g. "Links dead, OP inactive") so it can be moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else. DO NOT use the report button.

• OPs are only required to replace one (1) link in older posts.
  • Replacing links in Magazine releases older than 6 months is not mandatory. Therefore, posting magazines older than 6 months is not allowed unless in yearly collections.
Nov 5th, 2019, 4:10 pm
Nov 22nd, 2019, 12:26 am
Suggestion: Add "inactive poster, dead links" to "report post"?

I haven't seen this discussed, so apologies if I am stepping on toes. Would it make sense to tag dead posts via report post instead of PMing a mod?

e.g. @notengos's signature is "Inactive, Request your books from another source DO NOT Private Message me your wasting your time." When we come across one of their releases & the links are dead, could we just report it as 'dead links, inactive poster'? Seems like that might save time & random PMs?

Thanks for this invaluable resource :-)

zackddog wrote:If the user is inactive or absent ... the release can be expired by a MOD, thus making room for a new release. If the absence is less than 4 weeks, the user is considered active and you have to request links via PM.
Nov 22nd, 2019, 12:26 am
Nov 22nd, 2019, 8:22 pm
su1generis wrote:Suggestion: Add "inactive poster, dead links" to "report post"?

I haven't seen this discussed, so apologies if I am stepping on toes. Would it make sense to tag dead posts via report post instead of PMing a mod?

e.g. @notengos's signature is "Inactive, Request your books from another source DO NOT Private Message me your wasting your time." When we come across one of their releases & the links are dead, could we just report it as 'dead links, inactive poster'? Seems like that might save time & random PMs?

Thanks for this invaluable resource :-)

There must be a misunderstanding, the actual procedure is not to PM a mod or to report but to post in the topic saying "Links dead, inactive poster". Take another look at the rules that a moderator quoted in the message above yours ;-)

http://images.mobilism.org/?di=GWAA4ZOT
Nov 22nd, 2019, 8:22 pm
Feb 13th, 2021, 5:22 am
What if OP is still active but cannot re-up because the release is more than 5 years old and he/she does not have the file anymore?
Feb 13th, 2021, 5:22 am
Feb 13th, 2021, 9:26 am
pattycake wrote:What if OP is still active but cannot re-up because the release is more than 5 years old and he/she does not have the file anymore?

If the OP is still active and for whatever reason they lost the files and cannot find them again, their best option is to request the book in the Requests Section so they can replace links.
Feb 13th, 2021, 9:26 am
Mar 30th, 2021, 5:49 am
Only the OP can request for it?

merry60 wrote:If the OP is still active and for whatever reason they lost the files and cannot find them again, their best option is to request the book in the Requests Section so they can replace links.
Mar 30th, 2021, 5:49 am
Mar 30th, 2021, 8:54 am
pattycake wrote:Only the OP can request for it?

Yes, only the OP can request it. Double requests create confusion, cause double posts in Releases, increase the work of moderators, and ultimately, do not guarantee faster or better results.

You can, however, bump the OP's request :)
Mar 30th, 2021, 8:54 am
Feb 14th, 2022, 1:14 pm
Hello, It's a newbie here. Just wondering if there is any thread where one can request for a book. A book that I am looking for was posted by someone but the link is now dead and the OP is showing up as inactive. I sent a PM for re-up a couple of days back but haven't received any reply. I am willing to wait longer but still wonder if there is a place where one can request and someone else who might have the link can share it.
Feb 14th, 2022, 1:14 pm
Feb 14th, 2022, 2:45 pm
The procedure for getting new links when the OP is inactive is explained in the Rules, don't waste your time with PMs:
eBook Section Rules

New links requests
  • If the Original Poster is no longer active or banned (see profile) or not replacing links as per the signature, post a reply in the topic (e.g. "Links dead, OP inactive") so it can be moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else.
Feb 14th, 2022, 2:45 pm
Mar 2nd, 2022, 2:46 pm
Weelee wrote:If there is no response...then you contact the Mods...we check and either expire or Mirror for you

Been searching but can't figure out how to contact mods regarding an inactive OP/no response to dead link pm. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Mar 2nd, 2022, 2:46 pm
Mar 2nd, 2022, 3:44 pm
kt3313@gmail.com wrote:Been searching but can't figure out how to contact mods regarding an inactive OP/no response to dead link pm. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

1. Open the Index/Home page and scroll down to "Who is online": https://ibb.co/mtxqB85
2. Find a moderator and click on the name to send a message. You will always find at least one eBooks moderator online, 24/7.

If you have any trouble identifying the names, check this topic: The Team (Positions List)
Mar 2nd, 2022, 3:44 pm

Mar 18th, 2022, 4:00 pm
Did not see the answer to this question when reading, Is there a limit to the age of the expired link? e.g can i request a link from a year ago to be reupload/mirrored?
Mar 18th, 2022, 4:00 pm
Mar 18th, 2022, 5:29 pm
Janedeeznuts wrote:Did not see the answer to this question when reading, Is there a limit to the age of the expired link? e.g can i request a link from a year ago to be reupload/mirrored?

You must have missed the entry "New Links requests" in the Rules, where all is explained. Dates are irrelevant in all categories except magazines, what matters is whether the OP is still active to replace links or not.
Mar 18th, 2022, 5:29 pm

Jul 20th, 2023, 1:13 am
Hi, I'm fairly new here. Trying to figure out what to do with expired/ dead links in audiobooks from inactive posters? One of the posters said they were retired & won't reup any links. Do I request new links on the audiobooks requests forum? Any help is appreciated!
Jul 20th, 2023, 1:13 am