Crime, mystery, suspense, legal, action-adventure
Mar 26th, 2021, 3:02 pm
Michael Brady Short Reads by Mark Richards (1-3)
Requirements: epub/azw3/mobi reader, 1.5 mB
Overview: Once upon a time I had a business in financial services: nice suits, smart shirts, stripy ties. But always with a small voice inside me. "Let me out," it said, "I'm a writer."
I kept the small voice securely under lock and key but then - in 2009 - my brother died of cancer. It was one of those pivotal moments in life. I either let the small voice out and pursued my dream, or I forgot about it for good. So I sold my business, sent my stripy ties to the charity shop and started writing.
Now my time divides between writing for clients - copywriting, ghostwriting - and writing for myself.
Genre: Mystery/Thriller

ImageImageImage

1. The Scars Don't Show - Michael Brady is willing to risk it all
His career, the woman he loves. Maybe even his life
And he’s risking them for the man who nearly killed him…
The story takes you back to the start of Brady’s career.
He’s 26. It’s his first murder case – and he’s desperate to impress.
Sarah Cooke’s been strangled – and there’s an obvious suspect.
“His fingerprints are all over the house. His car’s on CCTV. The old lady across the road, the incident before Christmas. Four boxes: four ticks. That’s enough for me.”
Brady has his doubts. But who’s going to listen to a rookie detective? Someone on his first murder case: someone who’s “playing detective for the day…”
“He’s abused his wife. He’s cheated his brother. But that doesn’t make him a murderer.”
But it’s not his decision. Brady and his partner are sent to make the arrest.
It goes wrong. Badly wrong. As wrong as an arrest can go.
And Brady wakes up in hospital…

2. Crossing the White Line - Michael Brady risked it all – for the man who nearly killed him.
Two years later – and he has to do it all again.
“I don’t care what it costs me. He’s not going to beat me. Not a second time…”
Charlie Irvine – former football star – is dead. Full of drugs and booze he’s been found in the local canal.
Brady knows who’s responsible.
But there’s no proof, no evidence, no witnesses.
“I sat by the river and waited. The body of my enemy floated past. And it waved two fingers at me…”
Brady’s got one chance. And one chance only.
Or he’s on his own. Against Gary Cooke.

3. The Ghost of Grape Lane - Who doesn’t love a Christmas Ghost Story?
Everyone
Except Michael Brady…
It’s ten days before Christmas.
Brady’s first Christmas in his new house. Ash. Siobhan. Family and friends.
It’s going to be perfect…
But Whitby’s been wreathed in fog since November. “We couldn’t even see across the harbour…”
And everyone’s got a ghost story to tell.
The woman in the shop:
“He turns. Her hair has caught fire. The flames are all over. Some say the baker beat the flames out. Some say she ran out into the street screaming, hair still on fire. Either way it’s too late. Her flesh peels off as she stands there. And if you’re in Grape Lane of a night you can see her. Surrounded by flames, hair ablaze. And some say you can still smell her hair burning…”
Ruby:
“She was a nun. A young nun. And she fell in love with a handsome knight. An’ did what we all do after a few rum n’ blacks. Broke her vows of chastity. They bricked the poor lass up in the walls of Whitby Abbey. So they do say that on a still, dark night you can hear poor Constance pleading for mercy. And early morning in this fog, Mr Brady…”
Even Frankie:
“It’s blowing a gale. Waves coming over the pier. Rain vertical off the sea. The lighthouse keeper’s in town. Buying his Christmas presents maybe… Looks at the pier. Sees the lighthouse isn’t lit. So he gets his lamp. Battles his way along the pier. By the time he reaches the lighthouse he’s soaked to the skin. Water pouring off him. But he makes his way up the stairs. Lights the lamp. Saves the ships. He’s coming back down. Slips. Stone steps. They’re wet. The water that’s dripped off him on the way up. Slips and hits his head on every single one on the way down. And his ghost haunts the lighthouse. Opposite your house, boss…”
But Detective Chief Inspector Michael Brady doesn’t believe in ghosts. He believes in evidence.
Cold, hard facts…
Until a body is found at Bagdale Hall.
Bagdale Hall that’s haunted by the pirate, Browne Bushell…
Suddenly old cases which weren’t investigated properly start to make sense.
The crime scenes have one thing in common.
A ghost. A ghost of Whitby’s past…
The case gets more complex – and Brady sees Christmas slipping away.
He’s already treading a fine line between his daughter and his girlfriend.
He’s got ten days. Ten days to catch a killer.
Or he’ll pay the price.
And spend Christmas Day on his own…

Download Instructions:
1-3
https://uploadydl.com/rsw6a98hk3a1
(Filehost down) http://www.centfile.com/sfjet6xfxr2l

3. The Ghost of Grape Lane
https://www.upload-4ever.com/cw0vwz6aoqc9
(Filehost down) http://www.centfile.com/ir0zd1k01jsf

Trouble downloading? Read This.
Mar 26th, 2021, 3:02 pm
Jul 1st, 2021, 3:49 pm